'Insert Quotes' button when editing posts?

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
I just tried to do this on another forum, and I was quite surprised when it didn't work :P

When you add quotes to multi-quote on 1.3, it would be a good idea if the 'Insert Quotes' button also appeared when editing a post, as it would allow users to add their quotes to their post without making another post.

Liam

Upvote 10
I certainly agree with your suggestion. I've written a posting concerning the different worksflows when it comes to use multi-quote and the inability to add multi-quotes when editing a post is part of that indeed.

Again, I believe that a product like Burning Board works considerably better (and see also here) compared to XF when it comes to the use of multi-quote. And yes also in this case indeed, because when you use Burning Board it is very easy to insert your multi-quotes when editing a posting. In Xenforo it is simply impossible, making the whole system less useful.

This is quite an old suggestion, but it is smth. I've also often missed so far.

We've recently migrated a forum from WoltLab to XenForo and users are missing this as well, so I am adding my like here :)

Last edited:
This is quite an old suggestion, but it is smth. I've also often missed so far.

We've recently migrated a forum from WoltLab to XenForo and users are missing this as well, so I am adding my like here :)

There is a workaround in that you can just scroll down from the post you are editing , use the insert quotes from the reply box, then cut and paste into your edit.

Not ideal of course.

Ironically there was a bug a while back that meant the insert quotes from the reply box actually went directly into the edit:

Pity the bug got fixed!

Top Bottom