1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add option to e-mail staff/admin/mods upon any moderation action

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by Floyd R Turbo, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Well-Known Member

What it says. I thought I was just missing this, but it's not in there at all.

I personally have days where I don't get much time to check on my forums. As a result I've ended up with things hung up on the mod queue for days when I could have approved them immediately had I received an e-mail about it.

Like this post if you want it!

cdub, MattW, BoostN and 16 others like this.
  2. BobbyWibowo

BobbyWibowo Well-Known Member

Yes. This will prove to be useful.

3. Neil Talbott

Neil Talbott Member

Agreed - this is a really essential missing feature. Traffic on our site is low but a fast response is crucial; lack of this option effectively means we can't use moderation. The sooner the better!

Floyd R Turbo likes this.
  4. Floyd R Turbo

Need more people to like this!! Also @Daniel Hood might be incorporating this into Moderator Essentials, I'm banking on that one right now.

5. Ghostaunt

Ghostaunt Active Member

I like it !

6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Not a bad idea at all. I can certainly see this being useful.

+1 from me.

7. Simon

Simon Active Member

8. Floyd R Turbo

This keeps chapping my hide that this isn't available. Just yesterday I had 2 sites where one had 2 moderated registrations and 1 moderated post, the other site had 1 moderated user, and no email. IIRC this was a default functionality in vB.

9. Ghostaunt

Ghostaunt Active Member

I don't understand why little feature like that are not emplemented in Xenforo...

cdub and Floyd R Turbo like this.
  10. MrDeranged

MrDeranged Well-Known Member

11. Floyd R Turbo

Dang man, there are 2 threads on this and that one has a lot more likes. Come on man, can't be that difficult!

12. Ghostaunt

Ghostaunt Active Member

I'm agree with you...

13. wang

wang Well-Known Member

I fully agree with the OP, that this will be an useful thing to have built in xenforo. In meanwhile, I have developed an add on that will do this.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/moderation-queue-admin-email-notification.5046/

cdub and Floyd R Turbo like this.
  14. Floyd R Turbo

I can't like the post above enough

wang likes this.
  15. Ghostaunt

Ghostaunt Active Member

I don't understand why little feature like that are not implemented...
    @wang thank you but 10$... no sorry. 4/5$, why not, but 10$... just for a notification when there is a new thread modareted... I'm not sure that a good deal ;)