Add-ons that make template changes.

ChrisR

Hello,

I would like to ask how does Xenforo handle add-ons, that want to make template changes?
With the software i have made add-on's with before they just used a search and replace method. So if someone is using i fully modified template the add-ons sometimes stuff things up.

So does Xenforo have a better way of handling things like this?

Right now, changes would have to be made by hand, unless there's a position in the code that you can hook into. We have some ideas to help this, but I'm not sure when they'd be implemented/attempted.

I'm hoping the ability to extend MVC functions will help, so that we can add things to the HTML as they are output. If the View is outputting a bunch of data, then we should be able to shoehorn that data into the Model and Controller and let the View do its thing. And Style Properties to make it all switchable. ;)

Am I close? Totally off base? I'm not too up on MVC/OOP.

Right now, changes would have to be made by hand, unless there's a position in the code that you can hook into. We have some ideas to help this, but I'm not sure when they'd be implemented/attempted.

I really miss this feature. I hope you can implement this feature soon, it's very useful and it helps a lot.

Top Bottom