Add-on Update Notifier

Add-on Update Notifier 1.1.8

No permission to download
It basically allows you to "bump down" the version while it is actually a newer/higher release..
Hello, i've done a "bump down" but now if i want to update the add-on i get this notice:
Could not process XenForoFR-FooterPro-1.6.0.zip: The version of Footer Pro provided is older than the currently installed version.
If we delete the add-on first to reinstall the new version then we lose all the configurations and I cannot impose that on the users of my add-on.

How can i handle this ?
Thanks @mazzly

Last edited:
Hello, i've done a "bump down" but now if i want to update the add-on i get this notice:
Could not process XenForoFR-FooterPro-1.6.0.zip: The version of Footer Pro provided is older than the currently installed version.
If we delete the add-on first to reinstall the new version then we lose all the configurations and I cannot impose that on the users of my add-on.

How can i handle this ?
Thanks @mazzly
Hmm that is weird, can you send the package in a PM and I'll have a look at it 😊👌

Hmm from first glance it doesn't look like it should be at least...

Did the error happen during uninstall or does it still trigger?

If it still triggers and you can reliably reproduce it by e.g. Visiting the off topic forum, then you can try disabling the add-on and see if the error stops happening after that 😊👍
I finally got around to this.

So manually going into the off topic forum did trigger the error. Disabling the add-on fixed the problem. This is the error from just now:

Code:
Error: Extension public:thread_list_macros :: thread_type_icon() error: Class "XFRM\ThreadType\ResourceItem" not found src/XF/App.php:1505
Generated by: Tyler Feb 19, 2023 at 10:06 AM
Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Container.php(234): XF\App->XF\{closure}('resource', Array, Object(XF\Container))
#1 src/XF/App.php(3141): XF\Container->create('threadType', 'resource')
#2 src/XF/Entity/Thread.php(849): XF\App->threadType('resource', false)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1192): XF\Entity\Thread->getTypeHandler()
#4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s1/public/thread_list_macros.php(108): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(SV\SearchImprovements\XF\Entity\ThreadCollab), 'getTypeHandler', Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(988): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AUN\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(924): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtensionInternal('thread_type_ico...', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#7 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s1/public/thread_list_macros.php(240): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtension('thread_type_ico...', Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#8 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(988): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AUN\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#9 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(924): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtensionInternal('statuses', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#10 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s1/public/thread_list_macros.php(255): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtension('statuses', Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#11 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(988): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AUN\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#12 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(924): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtensionInternal('main_cell', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#13 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s1/public/thread_list_macros.php(523): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtension('main_cell', Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#14 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(825): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AUN\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#15 src/addons/MaZ/AMP/XF/Template/Templater.php(152): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('thread_list_mac...', 'item', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\MacroState))
#16 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s1/public/forum_view.php(128): MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\TemplaterAbstract->callMacro(NULL, 'thread_list_mac...', Array, Array)
#17 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(988): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AUN\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#18 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(924): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtensionInternal('thread_list', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#19 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s1/public/forum_view.php(566): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtension('thread_list', Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#20 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1652): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AUN\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#21 src/addons/MaZ/AMP/Traits/Templater/XF22.php(52): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('forum_view', Array, true, NULL)
#22 src/addons/MaZ/AUN/XF/Template/Templater.php(39): MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('public:forum_vi...', Array, true, NULL)
#23 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): MaZ\AUN\XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('public:forum_vi...', Array)
#24 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(50): XF\Template\Template->render()
#25 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(460): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Forum\\View', 'public:forum_vi...', Array)
#26 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(442): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#27 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#28 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#29 src/XF/App.php(2483): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#30 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#31 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#32 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(18) "/forums/off-topic/"
  ["referrer"] => string(28) "https://tacoma3g.com/forums/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I finally got around to this.

So manually going into the off topic forum did trigger the error. Disabling the add-on fixed the problem. This is the error from just now:

Code:
Error: Extension public:thread_list_macros :: thread_type_icon() error: Class "XFRM\ThreadType\ResourceItem" not found src/XF/App.php:1505
Generated by: Tyler Feb 19, 2023 at 10:06 AM
Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Container.php(234): XF\App->XF\{closure}('resource', Array, Object(XF\Container))
#1 src/XF/App.php(3141): XF\Container->create('threadType', 'resource')
#2 src/XF/Entity/Thread.php(849): XF\App->threadType('resource', false)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1192): XF\Entity\Thread->getTypeHandler()
#4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s1/public/thread_list_macros.php(108): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(SV\SearchImprovements\XF\Entity\ThreadCollab), 'getTypeHandler', Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(988): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AUN\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(924): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtensionInternal('thread_type_ico...', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#7 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s1/public/thread_list_macros.php(240): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtension('thread_type_ico...', Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#8 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(988): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AUN\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#9 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(924): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtensionInternal('statuses', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#10 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s1/public/thread_list_macros.php(255): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtension('statuses', Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#11 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(988): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AUN\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#12 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(924): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtensionInternal('main_cell', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#13 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s1/public/thread_list_macros.php(523): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtension('main_cell', Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#14 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(825): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AUN\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#15 src/addons/MaZ/AMP/XF/Template/Templater.php(152): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('thread_list_mac...', 'item', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\MacroState))
#16 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s1/public/forum_view.php(128): MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\TemplaterAbstract->callMacro(NULL, 'thread_list_mac...', Array, Array)
#17 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(988): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AUN\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#18 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(924): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtensionInternal('thread_list', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#19 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s1/public/forum_view.php(566): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtension('thread_list', Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#20 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1652): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AUN\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#21 src/addons/MaZ/AMP/Traits/Templater/XF22.php(52): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('forum_view', Array, true, NULL)
#22 src/addons/MaZ/AUN/XF/Template/Templater.php(39): MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('public:forum_vi...', Array, true, NULL)
#23 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): MaZ\AUN\XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('public:forum_vi...', Array)
#24 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(50): XF\Template\Template->render()
#25 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(460): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Forum\\View', 'public:forum_vi...', Array)
#26 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(442): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#27 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#28 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#29 src/XF/App.php(2483): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#30 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#31 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#32 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(18) "/forums/off-topic/"
  ["referrer"] => string(28) "https://tacoma3g.com/forums/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
Huh, that is really weird... The Addon Update Notifier doesn't/shouldn't touch anything there... Also that it complains about XFRM when you don't have that installed makes little sense... Have you ever had XFRM installed? 🤔

Just to check, you were disabling this addon (and not AMPXF) when getting the bug to disappear? 🤔 Because at least AMPXF does have some code that references XFRM\ResourceItem when it generates the AMP pages...

Could you go to ACP > Appearance > Template search and search for Template contains: thread_type_icon and see which templates come up in the results? For me I only e.g. see the thread_list_macros when I do that, and that template contains <xf:extension name="thread_type_icon">...</xf:extension> part (which should be the one raising this error)

@mazzly I feel like I am being a pain BUT I still am getting invalid API key when trying to download an updated add-on. I mean the announcement that I have things to update is still very helpful.... but how can we fix this API challenge?

@mazzly I feel like I am being a pain BUT I still am getting invalid API key when trying to download an updated add-on. I mean the announcement that I have things to update is still very helpful.... but how can we fix this API challenge?
I'll need to look into this further, seems your server has a lot of ipv6 addresses assigned, and it keeps rotating and using the next on every few days... Could probably be solved on our side with some subnet matching if we know what ranges your host/server has :)

What would be the wished for amount? 😊 I guess we could add one or 2 more tiers 👍
Sure, two more tiers would be good. Either of these would be good. Either way, I’ll get the top tier even if not necessary.

I'll need to look into this further, seems your server has a lot of ipv6 addresses assigned, and it keeps rotating and using the next on every few days... Could probably be solved on our side with some subnet matching if we know what ranges your host/server has :)

Please let me know, as I have no issue supporting your great add-on by paying for the API key, but it would be really helpful if I could get it to work when we go to download the updates. It is such a time saver!

Please let me know, as I have no issue supporting your great add-on by paying for the API key, but it would be really helpful if I could get it to work when we go to download the updates. It is such a time saver!
Check your PMs, I asked for some details that would help us fix this 😊

I'll need to look into this further, seems your server has a lot of ipv6 addresses assigned,
It could also be that temporary ipv6 addresses are being used. This is an extention of ipv6 which gives clients in your network a different outbound ipv6 addresses each time they connect to something.
This makes identifying devices a lot harder. But I don't think this should be used for servers.

Been running 1.1.2 without errors for about 45 days until last night.

Error:
Code:
GuzzleHttp\Exception\InvalidArgumentException: Job MaZ\AUN:CheckUpdates: json_decode error: Syntax error src/vendor/guzzlehttp/guzzle/src/functions.php:305
Generated by: Unknown account Mar 13, 2023 at 1:00 AM

Stack trace
#0 src/addons/MaZ/AUN/AUN.php(57): GuzzleHttp\json_decode(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\Stream), true)
#1 src/addons/MaZ/AUN/Job/CheckUpdates.php(13): MaZ\AUN\AUN::apiCall('check-versions', Array)
#2 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(260): MaZ\AUN\Job\CheckUpdates->run(7.99916)
#3 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(202): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 7.99916)
#4 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(86): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 7.99916)
#5 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#6 {main}

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(18) "/community/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(74) "https://www.removeddomain.com/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

---------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: I see that version 1.1.3 Patch Level 1 is out. Interesting that this add-on on version 1.1.2 did not report any updates for itself available. Was that a now fixed issue with the previous version?

Last edited:
Been running 1.1.2 without errors for about 45 days until last night.

Error:
Code:
GuzzleHttp\Exception\InvalidArgumentException: Job MaZ\AUN:CheckUpdates: json_decode error: Syntax error src/vendor/guzzlehttp/guzzle/src/functions.php:305
Generated by: Unknown account Mar 13, 2023 at 1:00 AM

Stack trace
#0 src/addons/MaZ/AUN/AUN.php(57): GuzzleHttp\json_decode(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\Stream), true)
#1 src/addons/MaZ/AUN/Job/CheckUpdates.php(13): MaZ\AUN\AUN::apiCall('check-versions', Array)
#2 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(260): MaZ\AUN\Job\CheckUpdates->run(7.99916)
#3 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(202): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 7.99916)
#4 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(86): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 7.99916)
#5 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#6 {main}

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(18) "/community/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(74) "https://www.removeddomain.com/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

---------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: I see that version 1.1.3 Patch Level 1 is out. Interesting that this add-on on version 1.1.2 did not report any updates for itself available. Was that a now fixed issue with the previous version?
This was likely a network timeout or similar, and there was a bug/assumption in the code without sanity-checking the returned data...

I released a new version where sanity check is in place :) 👍

Any way we can get more than 90 addons checked?
Another tier or two would be great, I'm currently at 118 add-ons.. 🤭

I keep trying to reduce my reliance on them, but people keep coming out with great ideas!

Be aware before upgrading to 1.1.4 from 1.1.3 Patch 1 I manually ran the "Addon Updates Check" cron and it still did not report an update was available for itself.

Top Bottom