Add-on Update Notifier

Add-on Update Notifier 1.1.8

No permission to download
It would be really nice if there would be a way to quickly update (download and install) a batch of addons. I appreciate there are security concerns that you want to avoid. Maybe there is a way to get around those by fetching the files directly without going through your server?
It would save quite a bit of work, updating various websites. Even if it would only be possible for part of the addons, it would be a win.

It would be really nice if there would be a way to quickly update (download and install) a batch of addons. I appreciate there are security concerns that you want to avoid. Maybe there is a way to get around those by fetching the files directly without going through your server?
It would save quite a bit of work, updating various websites. Even if it would only be possible for part of the addons, it would be a win.
Yes, if we ever made something like that we wouldn't want to host any files on our servers since in case we are compromised the bad actors could inject malware that we would be unknowingly spreading then 😬 🙈 (That is definitely out of the picture)

Still, to fetch from e.g. xenforo.com resource pages requires a login (and it has to be an account tied to a license)... So it will still require storing a session for the login on your forum server (we don't want to store it), which I'm not a big fan of... :D

Maybe once all other features of this addon are complete we'll look into it, but we have to make sure there is an agreement/checkbox like "I understand **** might hit the fan in case someone gets access to my server since my Xenforo credentials are not necessarily stored in a secure way"-box there :D

Attachments

• Bildschirm­foto 2023-01-08 um 15.27.26.webp
    Bildschirm­foto 2023-01-08 um 15.27.26.webp
    8.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Bildschirm­foto 2023-01-08 um 15.27.31.webp
    Bildschirm­foto 2023-01-08 um 15.27.31.webp
    6.5 KB · Views: 18
Yes, if we ever made something like that we wouldn't want to host any files on our servers since in case we are compromised the bad actors could inject malware that we would be unknowingly spreading then 😬 🙈 (That is definitely out of the picture)

Still, to fetch from e.g. xenforo.com resource pages requires a login (and it has to be an account tied to a license)... So it will still require storing a session for the login on your forum server (we don't want to store it), which I'm not a big fan of... :D

Maybe once all other features of this addon are complete we'll look into it, but we have to make sure there is an agreement/checkbox like "I understand **** might hit the fan in case someone gets access to my server since my Xenforo credentials are not necessarily stored in a secure way"-box there :D
I think it would be nice when Xenforo give us the posiiblility to create a second account for only such thinks like API calls or downloads eg with less rights, so the "master"-account with full rights will be saver and not used for such things.
But, I think also, this is a dream - no way to become this reality. ;-)

And:
1673253296542.webp
Please make phrases for such things - this will help me and others to translate your add-on completly. :-)

Last edited:
Request: Option to turn off alert notifications.
You can turn off alerts in the account preferences for your admin account. This is available to all admins that have access to add-ons :)👍

Or do you want the option to globally disable it for your site (i.e. all admins in one go)?

You can turn off alerts in the account preferences for your admin account. This is available to all admins that have access to add-ons :)👍

Or do you want the option to globally disable it for your site (i.e. all admins in one go)?
Didn't know the first option existed, so thanks for that. Yes, a global option for all admins would be nice.

I am also still seeing an issue with the avatar/image on alerts. It appears it went from missing originally to now showing just a blank image (currently running 1.0.3 PL1).

1673361594550.webp

Bug or feature?
Both forums on latest version 1.0.4 PL2 - both Xenforo 2.2.11

1673431552657.webp

1673431598330.webp

And I think at your button, its better to not use the original XF phrase. Better use a own, with text like "to add-on list" or similar. "Upgrade now" will not the right one for this case I think. Thsi suggest the update starts now... :-) ;-)

Bug or feature?
Both forums on latest version 1.0.4 PL2 - both Xenforo 2.2.11

View attachment 279773

View attachment 279774

And I think at your button, its better to not use the original XF phrase. Better use a own, with text like "to add-on list" or similar. "Upgrade now" will not the right one for this case I think. Thsi suggest the update starts now... :) ;-)
That seems odd.. Can you PM me the links where you see that, I might have made the check to show the button a bit too naive for some URL formats 🙈

Text could be chabged sure 👌

Updates exist for the following addons:
  • [Liam W.] Post Macros
  • [OzzModz] Change Attachment Name
  • [OzzModz] Copy To Clipboard
  • [OzzModz] Hide Thread From Guests
  • [OzzModz] Profile fields popup
Those are all up to date actually.

Updates exist for the following addons:
  • [Liam W.] Post Macros
  • [OzzModz] Change Attachment Name
  • [OzzModz] Copy To Clipboard
  • [OzzModz] Hide Thread From Guests
  • [OzzModz] Profile fields popup
Those are all up to date actually.
I now set these addons to ignore the currently mismatching version on their resource pages... It will show up correctly within ~6h.

I've informed Ozzy about this previously so I think he'll release the next versions of those addons with correct version string on the resource pages :) 👍

@XenSoluce please have a look at this the next time you release an addon update so that the XF resource page shows a version_string-value that matches the actual version_id from the addon :)

mazzly updated Addon Update Notifier with a new update entry:

Option to disable alerts for all admins, and some bugfixes

• New option to control if admins are notified or not (enabled by default)
  • Change the "Upgrade now" button to read "Go to Add-ons" and be in its own phrase
  • Fix the button to show up correctly on the ACP index, thanks for reporting this @otto
    • Also fixed so that it doesn't trigger an error in case someone does FTP upload to install

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom