Add-on Add-on to follow up on account activations

NealC

I suggest an add-on to the add-on vendors out there that will follow-up on registrations that have not been confirmed. We can set a number of days after the user registers that if the user has not confirmed their account a second email is sent. We should be able to control the frequency and number of times the activation is sent.

There's this paid add-on ($10):

Thanks, I bought it, it has a bug. Common trend of add-on vendors that don't properly test their own products!

th-bug.webp

Yeah. Annoying. You can report it to Themehouse - I just set it to 10 on the theory that the original email may have had a typo.

To be honest, I didn't bother reporting the bug to ThemeHouse - they have a LOT of bugs to deal with in their products. :LOL:

I tried to set the purge after to 365 days but the vendor put a 120 day cap on it. Not sure why. Regretting this purchase although only $10 it's just another case of poor php/add-on work.

There is a cron but it updates both features so if you disable it you won't get the reminders either. It is, as @NealC said, simply poorly designed.

On reflection, I just uninstalled it. It may be only $10 but I agree it's annoying to have spent even $1 on something that doesn't work as advertised. I have virtually stopped buying anything from ThemeHouse. This thread is a good reminder not to do it again.

They took quite a while to fix this bug, update released today. I installed it, entered 0 and then clicked SAVE and it changed to 1. Still not fixed, obviously not tested. I wonder how many accounts have been wrongly purged from this add-on as I have no idea when their cron runs. I'm not sure if there is a cron log in XF.

I uninstalled it, as I said above. I prefer to know what an addon or script is actually doing and when.

Top Bottom