Add-on for large customer's portfolio?

videorecover

Hi

First of all, sorry for not posting on Add-ons forums but I'm not a xenForo customer yet and have no permissions.

I did some research for add-ons like Showcase, Library, and would like if there is any other that may fit my needs.

I plan to use xenForo for websites developers, and users must be able to show its works.

Basically I need custom fields for domain (URL), category, price.

The problem I may see is that I have users with more than 1k, 2k of domains to offer for sale (multiply some users with this amount of domains...). Will xenForo be able to deal with large amount of data with no issues?

The add-on does not need to manage sales (checkout), but if have able to do that it would be great but a portfolio (catalog) is enough. I need the add-on list domains as list view, without image, due to large amount of data to be displayed at once (also many of items will have no image by default).

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thank you.

I'll second the Resource Manager. With it's ability to create custom fields and tabs and the phrase system I was able to create a very nice portfolio of presentations. So it's a cross between a reviews and classifieds platform. And is serving it's purpose nicely.

That is one usage.

But check this out:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/conditional-statements.1604/

These are the resource types available for each category:

upload_2014-6-23_14-32-35.webp

You can disable uploaded files completely and use "Does not have a file", which is similar to the guide I posted above.

There's also resources like this, where the user provides an external URL to download the resource:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/view-user-card-preference.3329/

And there's resources like this, where the user provides an external URL so that someone can purchase the resource (the downloading of said resource is managed externally too):
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xen-media-gallery-media-gallery-for-xenforo.1750/

I appreciate the term "Download" may not fit in with what you're trying to achieve, but using the XenForo language system you can very easily change the term "Download" to be anything you like.

Exactly.. I have no use for the download options so they are disabled.. My instance of the RM is stock in the UI department but it is unique for my needs.. Also forgot to mention that the route changer also goes a ways in making the RM a practical solution for multiple and various applications.. Here is my example if a slightly modified Resource Manager I re titled Presentations.
http://dobermanresources.com/community/presentations/

I would not be willing to customise Xen Media Gallery to that level. It is ultimately a photo upload/video embed gallery, I have no plans to morph it into something it was never intended for.

I would have a long hard look at Showcase too and @Bob B I'm sure would be happy to answer your questions on that.

@Chris D , @FredC , I did some tests on RM, but do you guys know if there is some add-on where I can do the follow:

- filter items by any custom fields (price, etc.)
- remove icon from list view
- display a custom field on list view (example price)
- removing fields: Additional Information URL (I uncheck "Alternative Support URL" on admin but there is no option for the other URL field).
- a way to allow customer insert items in bulk, as well allowing blank data on "description" field (usually nothing to insert for some cases).

Thank you again!

Basically I need custom fields for domain (URL), category, price.
Showcase has the same custom fields capability of the RM plus a bit more (more locations for display, plus the ability to self place (via template edits) custom fields anywhere in showcase (Index page, Category pages, Member pages, Blocks, Modules, Widgets etc). In the upcoming version, I've included the ability to search/filter for items via Custom Fields.

The problem I may see is that I have users with more than 1k, 2k of domains to offer for sale (multiply some users with this amount of domains...). Will xenForo be able to deal with large amount of data with no issues?
Showcase (as well the RM and many other addons) will handle Millions of records (as long as your server can handle it). Its boils down to can your server handle it in this case.

The add-on does not need to manage sales (checkout), but if have able to do that it would be great but a portfolio (catalog) is enough. I need the add-on list domains as list view, without image, due to large amount of data to be displayed at once (also many of items will have no image by default).
You can do this in either the RM or Showcase with some template/CSS editing.

I think is not possible to test Showcase in admin side, I'm right?
I currently do not have a public Admin demo, but can answer any questions you have about specific Admin CP functionality.

By the way, if I buy Showcase, and don't want to sell digital stuffs, I don't not need to buy RM? Or Showcase needs RM to run?
As Chris mentioned, Showcase is its own addon and does not require the RM to run.

You could certainly use the RM or Showcase as a BASE, but you'd be looking at a lot of customization to get the exact functionality of what DP has done. Might be best to have one custom developed for you.

Top Bottom