Add-On Development - Where to start?

Andrej

I am absolutely new to coding and development, but I would like to learn how to develop add-ons for XenForo. Is there any books, resources, tutorials which I can use to learn XenForo Add-On Development? I don't know where to start really.

I am very thankful for any guidance. :)

PS: I hope this is the right forum for my question.

Sorry for bumping a old thread of mine, but I completely forgot about this topic after I started it. lol.

Brogan, appreciate your fast reply... This seems in some grade explain some things, but not really exchastly what I am looking for. Is there any newbie resources that could get me started? Is there any special languages I must learn myself before going into developing? (I feel like a complete newbie here... :oops:)

necessary languages: english, php (probably mysql if you want to work with the database and javascript for cool animations and ajax stuff)

Most adults learn best when trying to solve a specific problem.
Determine what you want to accomplish.
Then figure out what you need to learn to accomplish what you want.

The nefarious goal of "learning to code xenforo addons" is too broad.

Sorry for bumping a old thread of mine, but I completely forgot about this topic after I started it. lol.

Brogan, appreciate your fast reply... This seems in some grade explain some things, but not really exchastly what I am looking for. Is there any newbie resources that could get me started? Is there any special languages I must learn myself before going into developing? (I feel like a complete newbie here... :oops:)

To start with, have a look here:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/creating-an-addon.5416/

Top Bottom