Design issue  Add-on deactivated => Add-on Nodes still displayed

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
R

ragtek

IMHO getAllNodes should display only the active nodes.

I've created an new node type (articlecategory).
I've created in the acp a new node (articlecategory) which is displayed in the node list.

Everything works fine, BUT when i deactivate the add-on, the nodes are still shown in the list.

That's really a nightmarish situation - you can take it a step farther and just uninstall the add-on. Should it really be removing the nodes that the user created? They become the same thing for the most part.

The behaviors here are really outside of the add-on system, so this is basically a design issue IMO.

That's really a nightmarish situation - you can take it a step farther and just uninstall the add-on. Should it really be removing the nodes that the user created? They become the same thing for the most part.

The behaviors here are really outside of the add-on system, so this is basically a design issue IMO.

This could cause too much head ache for the support:D

As usual, the first instructions are:
Make a new style without an parent style & deactivate your pluginsystem.
BUT in this case, all the different add-on nodes would be still present (gallery, article system etcs..)

And i don't think, that everybody want to deinstall a 6 months old gallery with 10000 pictures(which would be deleted), just to see that the problem was not from the uninstalled add-on:D

But the interaction can only happen in certain places, where as the event system can change code in a huge number of locations. We'll see how often it comes up. :)

Top Bottom