1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Design Issue Add-on deactivated => Add-on Nodes still displayed

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by ragtek, Feb 22, 2011.

1. ragtek

ragtek Guest

IMHO getAllNodes should display only the active nodes.

I've created an new node type (articlecategory).
    I've created in the acp a new node (articlecategory) which is displayed in the node list.

Everything works fine, BUT when i deactivate the add-on, the nodes are still shown in the list.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That's really a nightmarish situation - you can take it a step farther and just uninstall the add-on. Should it really be removing the nodes that the user created? They become the same thing for the most part.

The behaviors here are really outside of the add-on system, so this is basically a design issue IMO.
  3. ragtek

ragtek Guest

This could cause too much head ache for the support:D

As usual, the first instructions are:
    Make a new style without an parent style & deactivate your pluginsystem.
    BUT in this case, all the different add-on nodes would be still present (gallery, article system etcs..)

And i don't think, that everybody want to deinstall a 6 months old gallery with 10000 pictures(which would be deleted), just to see that the problem was not from the uninstalled add-on:D
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

But the interaction can only happen in certain places, where as the event system can change code in a huge number of locations. We'll see how often it comes up. :)