Lack of interest Add moderator actions box to thread view

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

nrep

I've been explaining to a moderator how to merge threads (select them in thread view, then go back to the thread list and click on "selected threads").

This seems very clunky and unlike the ease of the rest of the software.

If there's a check box to select a thread for moderation within thread view, why not allow the moderator actions box to popup here too. It makes sense to be able to merge threads and perform some other bulk actions within this view.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I understand the suggestion, but just for reference the limitation is that there can only be one inline moderation "action" per page.

I understand the suggestion, but just for reference the limitation is that there can only be one inline moderation "action" per page.
Mike, is thread merging from within the thread view being targeted for improvement in the near future? My moderators tend to do a lot of merging to keep our technical forums less cluttered. Since our migration from vB they've complained that it's become more difficult to quickly merge threads, as you can only do it within the forum view, and they mostly find they need to do it while reading the contents of the thread. I honestly can't remember exactly how it worked in vB but apparently it was easier to do. I promised my moderating team that I'd ask about it.

Top Bottom