Lack of interest Moderator Actions Start New Thread

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Sal Collaziano

I did a quick search and didn't see anything like this already present. One of the things I have trouble with across all my communities is moderators that don't know for sure what to do. Some are quick to learn - others cannot adapt no matter how many times I try to point them in the right direction.

On one hand, you might say they should be removed as a moderator. On the other, perhaps they're really great about being a moderator at other types of things. When all is said and done, I'd like all my moderators at all my forums to understand the simple, basic idea of moving topics posted in the wrong forum.

I think one way to show moderators what needs to be done is if every moderator's action will be posted as a new thread in a specified forum. I have "team" forums - and I'd like to have a "moderator actions" subforum that displays a separate thread for every action taken. For example:

Thread name moved to Forum name by Moderator name
Thread closed by Moderator name
Post deleted by Moderator name

As moderators see a specific subject matter continuously being moved to one specific forum, they'd hopefully come to the understanding that they should be doing the same thing with that type of subject matter.

It would also be a good way of everything that goes on what how the community is being moderated. Thoughts, opinions and criticism is welcome...

edit: Another reason I'd like see feature is to show my teams exactly how much topic moving I'm doing myself. This is a really easy thing to do as you're casually browsing around new topics and I kind of expect my teams to handle this sort of thing. Perhaps them seeing how much I need to do would help them understand why I need them...

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Just look in the mod log in the admin panel.
I'm looking for something that'll show the moderating team what's happening on a daily basis - and most specifically - how many times I'm moving threads that they should be moving - and I'd like it right out front and center where they don't even need to search for this information...

Top Bottom