• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Implemented Add Insert Link Keyboard Shortcut (Cmd + K)

owls8521

Most applications use Cmd + K (Ctrl + K on PC) to insert a link. Pressing this in Xenforo's text editor creates an ordered list. What was the reasoning for choosing that shortcut?

Is there a list of keyboard shortcuts for the text editor somewhere? If there is already an insert link shortcut, I can get used to it, but I'd still recommend changing it to the standard.

I second this. Inserting links must be the most used keyboard shortcut next to bold/italic.

Some editors use Cmd + L
Others use Cmd + K. In fact, this is what Redactor uses by default but in Xenforo it's broken.

That is great news. I'm eager to upgrade to xf2 but my site is add-on heavy and a good but of custom work so I'll have to lag behind a bit for production use. I remember seeing these shortcuts defined in some file somewhere, is it possible to manually edit that file to change this behavior in XF1?

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Probably not. Likely related to the XF1 editor not using the native editor dialogs for things like link insertion.