• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Add clock to footer

Trombones13

Simply put, this adds the date and time to your footer. Clicking it will take you to the Preferences page, where you can change the time zone.
(Note: I'm hoping to adjust it to make it to show just the time once I figure out that code.)

To install, go to <ul class="footerLinks"> in the "footer" template, and add the following code before the </ul> tag.

Code:
<li><a href="{xen:link 'account/preferences'}"><div class="time muted">{xen:datetime $datetime, 'absolute'}</div></a></li>

Then...you're done. :D

Please note that this is my first modification (ever), so if there's something you notice that can be made easier, let me know. :)

XF_Footer_Clock.webp

I'd actually recommend against putting the current date/time anywhere on the page, for reasons I won't get into right now. Let's just say it might disadvantage you at a later date.

I'd actually recommend against putting the current date/time anywhere on the page, for reasons I won't get into right now. Let's just say it might disadvantage you at a later date.
Uh-oh... :( Should I recommend uninstalling for now, then?

Don't all computers already have a clock either in the menu bar or task bar?
Not sure you why anyone would need to see the server time.

I once had a review to post but it had an embargo on it, so I waited until the embargo time to post it - but I never noticed that the server time was off by a few hours, so it looked like I broke the embargo - and the company who gave me the game to review weren't happy

Top Bottom