Implemented Add a Back to Top Button

Amaury

Doing some searching, this was suggested before, but it was closed due to a lack of interest.

But, anyway, as title. I really find this useful, especially in long threads. Sure, the Page Up key is faster than scrolling, but a back to top button is even faster and instant.

@MattW already has an add-on for this, but I think it should be in the core, in my opinion.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Like my friend says:

Implementation is everything.

Win:
upload_2014-8-6_12-9-50-png.79849

Not so much:

upload_2014-8-6_12-17-5.webp

Hmm. I've just noticed that the Top link is not available in responsive. It's most useful there as you can't use a Home key on a mobile device.

Maybe this should be raised as a separate suggestion?

CTRL/HOME that requires two hands.. lol just noticed i have two home buttons, one of them only requires a finger, im good.

It's easy with a template edit, though I don't know why you'd want to remove an easy way to go back to the top. (Admittedly, it's a bit "obsolete," so to speak, when you can just press the Home key and such, but still.)

It's easy with a template edit, though I don't know why you'd want to remove an easy way to go back to the top. (Admittedly, it's a bit "obsolete," so to speak, when you can just press the Home key and such, but still.)
yeah its easy but owner of my forum want me to hide it so could you please tell me path from where can I hide it?

...could you please tell me path from where can I hide it?

On our board, I colored it Purple so it would be a little more obvious to our users...
Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 10.27.13 PM.webp
I did so by editing the Phrase go_to_top
Code:
TO:
Code:
<font color=#FF3399>Top</font>

If you'll just remove 'Top' from the Phrase Text box (and leave it empty) then the LINK will disappear...
Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 10.31.52 PM.webp
EDIT:
It looks like it's this line of code in the footer Template
Code:
<li><a href="{$requestPaths.requestUri}#navigation" class="topLink">{xen:phrase go_to_top}</a></li>
That you would want to comment out.(i.e. <xen:comment>code to ignore here</xen:comment>)

Last edited:
On our board, I colored it Purple so it would be a little more obvious to our users...
I did so by editing the Phrase go_to_top
Code:
TO:
Code:
<font color=#FF3399>Top</font>

If you'll just remove 'Top' from the Phrase Text box (and leave it empty) then the LINK will disappear...
EDIT:
It looks like it's this line of code in the footer Template
Code:
<li><a href="{$requestPaths.requestUri}#navigation" class="topLink">{xen:phrase go_to_top}</a></li>
That you would want to comment out.(i.e. <xen:comment>code to ignore here</xen:comment>)
Thank You so much adwade... much appreciated :)

Top Bottom