1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Add a Back to Top Button

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Amaury, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Doing some searching, this was suggested before, but it was closed due to a lack of interest.

But, anyway, as title. I really find this useful, especially in long threads. Sure, the Page Up key is faster than scrolling, but a back to top button is even faster and instant.

@MattW already has an add-on for this, but I think it should be in the core, in my opinion.
    Digital Doctor likes this.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Karelke likes this.
  3. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

You do know there's a back to top link already?

4. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

5. Null

Null Well-Known Member

6. Digital Doctor

Like my friend says:

Implementation is everything.

Not so much:

7. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Hmm. I've just noticed that the Top link is not available in responsive. It's most useful there as you can't use a Home key on a mobile device.

Maybe this should be raised as a separate suggestion?
  8. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

How I completely forgot about it, despite going to the bottom of pages frequently, I do not know. What I do know is that I give you both permission to hit me in the head with a frying pan.
    FredC likes this.
  9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

By the way, my reference to [Home] was the key on the keyboard, in response to your comment about page up.
    adwade, Amaury and Digital Doctor like this.
  10. Digital Doctor

Works !!!

Need one on my iPhone.
  11. Karelke

Karelke Active Member

+1 (y)
  12. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

CTRL/HOME that requires two hands.. lol just noticed i have two home buttons, one of them only requires a finger, im good.
  13. ignorant

ignorant New Member

how can i disable this button can you tell me path please?
  14. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

It's easy with a template edit, though I don't know why you'd want to remove an easy way to go back to the top. (Admittedly, it's a bit "obsolete," so to speak, when you can just press the Home key and such, but still.)
  15. ignorant

ignorant New Member

yeah its easy but owner of my forum want me to hide it so could you please tell me path from where can I hide it?
  16. adwade

adwade Active Member

On our board, I colored it Purple so it would be a little more obvious to our users...
    Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 10.27.13 PM.jpg
    I did so by editing the Phrase go_to_top
    <font color=#FF3399>Top</font>
    If you'll just remove 'Top' from the Phrase Text box (and leave it empty) then the LINK will disappear...
    Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 10.31.52 PM.jpg
    It looks like it's this line of code in the footer Template
    <li><a href="{$requestPaths.requestUri}#navigation" class="topLink">{xen:phrase go_to_top}</a></li>
    That you would want to comment out.(i.e. <xen:comment>code to ignore here</xen:comment>)
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    ignorant likes this.
  17. ignorant

ignorant New Member

Thank You so much adwade... much appreciated :)