Adbrite ads good/decent?

Kaiser

Well just now I put up Adbrite ads on my forum, to earn some revenue... is it good? Do they scam? http://adminbb.org/ I put just two banners one on top, and one on the bottom. They dont look annyoing do they? because I plan to just keep it at two, not to overcrowd it with ads like others forums do.

I've been using AdBrite for a year (because AdSense support sucks)... never had any issues. However, with VB4, it took several months before I started actually getting any revenue... and even then it was only $1 a day, with full-page interstitials (which accounted for $0.40 of that $1).

Since I switched to XenForo, I have removed the full-page interstitials (which would make you think my revenue would drop by 40%)... but instead, I have been making $3 a day... almost in an instant.

I only get 30,000 pageviews a day.

I've been using AdBrite for a year (because AdSense support sucks)... never had any issues. However, with VB4, it took several months before I started actually getting any revenue... and even then it was only $1 a day, with full-page interstitials (which accounted for $0.40 of that $1).

Since I switched to XenForo, I have removed the full-page interstitials (which would make you think my revenue would drop by 40%)... but instead, I have been making $3 a day... almost in an instant.

I only get 30,000 pageviews a day.
Thanks, makes me think i made the right choice by not going to adsense.

I am seeing that now, and some look very annoying.

while browsing your site it first takes to ad's page which really sucks i hate when such ad's are forced upon users of the community specially when the community is all about forum Promotion .

It dosent force ads, if you clicked on my signature, I used the ad service www.adf.ly to shorten my url, which shows you a advert.
This was in my signature http://adf.ly/CcHm not http://adminbb.org/
I can tell you that when I clicked on it I got a full page of Amazon ads.
And now I see this. Do you think people would stick around long enough to click on skip ad? I figured I clicked on the wrong link.
screen.webp

Are you really 53 years old? Act mature and stop going of topic on my posts. This topic is for Adbrite ads.

I dunno whether you think people are just plain stupid and were born yesterday but you just managed to (yet again) spam the xenforo forums with your link again. Not only that, but you masked your 3 links in your signature that brought people to ads that were in your signature tricking them to click.

Switching it around on steven s? good call let's all blame others for our mistakes.

I dunno whether you think people are just plain stupid and were born yesterday but you just managed to (yet again) spam the xenforo forums with your link again. Not only that, but you masked your 3 links in your signature that brought people to ads that were in your signature tricking them to click.

Switching it around on steven s? good call let's all blame others for our mistakes.
I put my link there to show people if the ads would get in the way of my forums and make it annoying because I put my two banner ads on my forum, some of my members dont like it. So I created this topic to ask for advice on Adbrite because im new to putting adverts on my site. How am I swtiching it around? You, ituner, and steven brought up the thing about the Adf.ly link shortner which has nothing to do about this thread... whats your problem shelley? Always saying something negative to me.. Once again this topic is about adbrite ads.

Dude, let your thread go off topic. Don't tell them to get on topic, you will only come off as "I don't give a #$#$, get back on topic."

If you just relax and go with the flow....people will respect you more. And on top of that, come to your site more.

And on top of this, spamming your forum as you have in the eyes of others in this thread is only backfiring on you. You didn't need to add a url shortener to your thread, let others decide to go to your site. They have to put up with your signature, so treat them with respect, too.

Dude, let your thread go off topic. Don't tell them to get on topic, you will only come off as "I don't give a #$#$, get back on topic."

If you just relax and go with the flow....people will respect you more. And on top of that, come to your site more.
My site is doing good, growing everyday, my members are kind, I have some very nice people from here.. such as Elizabeth, Blandt, Russ, Trombones13 and others from here who are very kind people, and the rest I dont need because they are trolls start useless battles in threads, always going off topic, talking crap about each other etc. So im good of with about 80% of the people and im doing just fine without them. My forums is growing very fast, with a very good memberbase and mature members. My site is only 4 weeks and its very successful. I dont need to go with the 'flow' because there is no flow, and going of topic and starting a war is complete ********. And im not here to look for respect from members who are not disrespectful to others. Im here to ask for help, and learn ways to better my site.

Discussions:

Members:

I put my link there to show people if the ads would get in the way of my forums and make it annoying because I put my two banner ads on my forum, some of my members dont like it. So I created this topic to ask for advice on Adbrite because im new to putting adverts on my site. How am I swtiching it around? You, ituner, and steven brought up the thing about the Adf.ly link shortner which has nothing to do about this thread... whats your problem shelley? Always saying something negative to me.. Once again this topic is about adbrite ads.

threadfacepalm16.png
Look, you need to stop taking things so personally. You were the one out of line, not steven s. When you conduct yourself in this manner, you really let your age show, which isn't a good thing.

threadfacepalm16.png
Look, you need to stop taking things so personally. You were the one out of line, not steven s. When you conduct yourself in this manner, you really let your age show, which isn't a good thing.
Thanks for you opinion, just tired of members fussing at me when im just trying to get my site out there. All they had to do was say it in a kind way, not in a rude way. We all are human... not perfect like angels, just tired of the rude people here. Will take your suggestion :)

My site is doing good, growing everyday, my members are kind, I have some very nice people from here.. such as Elizabeth, Blandt, Russ, Trombones13 and others from here who are very kind people, and the rest I dont need because they are trolls start useless battles in threads, always going off topic, talking crap about each other etc. So im good of with about 80% of the people and im doing just fine without them. My forums is growing very fast, with a very good memberbase and mature members. My site is only 4 weeks and its very successful. I dont need to go with the 'flow' because there is no flow, and going of topic and starting a war is complete bull****. And im not here to look for respect from members who are not disrespectful to others. Im here to ask for help, and learn ways to better my site.
As yog said, stop taking things so personal. I don't think steven s meant to directly attack you by calling out your little url mishap.

And stop bragging about your forum. People on this site are not partial to it, especially in your own thread. When you guys are talking about websites, sure, go crazy, but this thread looks bad on you.

Top Bottom