XF 1.5 ACP: Removing a group from 1 node's Permissions List

Steve Freides

ACP -> Node Tree

Find the node in question, click on Permissions.

I added a user group that I don't want or need in there. For the moment, I've got everything marked as Inherit but I would like to remove this entry from the Permissions list for this node altogether.

I can't find a way to do that.

I do see, when I'm in permissions, if I go into this user group, at the bottom I have a choice to Delete User Group, but it's not clear if this will Delete User Group entirely, or just remove it from this particular permissions list, so I'm afraid to push the button.

Essentially, what I need is a big red "X" next to each user group when I'm looking at the list of them in Applications -> Node Tree -> Permissions - but this isn't there.

Please assist, and many thanks in advance.

-S-

The list of user groups is a list of all of the user groups you have. If they are all set to Inherit, there's nothing you need to do.

Unless the usergroup is highlighted, they have no permissions set for that node. In this example, Moderating has some permissions set in this node, but Read Only Users does not.

upload_2016-3-16_16-43-31.webp

Alright, I think I misunderstood what this list was - it's all user groups, not just groups to whom I've managed rights for this node.

Somedays, I can be dense - thank you for the help.

-S-

Unless the usergroup is highlighted, they have no permissions set for that node. In this example, Moderating has some permissions set in this node, but Read Only Users does not.

View attachment 130682

Chris, when you eidt some permissions from default, than it is like on your attachment, but still is same (another color) when you revert that settings.

So, it is some kind of wrong indicator, cause it not show permission are not the default, but edited and this include reverted to default

Chris, when you eidt some permissions from default, than it is like on your attachment, but still is same (another color) when you revert that settings.

So, it is some kind of wrong indicator, cause it not show permission are not the default, but edited and this include reverted to default
I'm not sure I follow your point but what I said was correct.

what I said was correct
Yep, without doubt.
What I am trying to say is this, in your example if you revert changed permissions for Moderating usergroup to default permissions, that usergroup will still be highlighted.
Highlight is evidence that permissions for that usergroup was changed, it is not exclusive for non defaultsettings.

Example:
You change permission to view that node for usergroup Admin to revoke.
Usergroup Admin will be highlighted because of changed default permission set.
You revert to default set that permission for view that node for usergroup Admin.
Usergroup Admin will be still highlighted although permission was reverted to default configuration

It confusing cause when you change some permission, even you reverted to default settings later, still usergroup is highlighted.

It's a select highlight colour (orange), rather than the colour which is used to indicate custom permissions (blue).

Custom permissions:
upload_2016-3-16_20-53-35.webp

Reverted:
upload_2016-3-16_20-53-58.webp

It's due to the URL having this appended - #_user_group_4.

Top Bottom