Lack of interest ACP disable/enable buttons in quick reply editor

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

dutchbb

IMO quick reply does not need all buttons like align, fonts etc... Just the basic ones would be enough.

So what about adding some checkboxes to the ACP so we can decide what buttons to show in the QR, anything disabled would then only show on the "More Options" page.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
IMO quick reply does not need all buttons like align, fonts etc... Just the basic ones would be enough.

So what about adding some checkboxes to the ACP so we can decide what buttons to show in the QR, anything disabled would then only show on the "More Options" page.

Well... you can also turn this around and ask yourself (ourselves) the question what the purpose of the [More Options] page is anyway? A regular member like you and me see nothing more then 2 extra options in the [More Options] page (compared to the QR), do we? Those are:

Options: [ ] Watch this thread...
--------------[ ] and receive email notifications

But obviously we need this [More Options] page as it is also used when editing an existing post.

What I am saying is that I actually like the plethora of icons in the QR, because the [More Options] button I now rarely use in XF. Whereas in vBulletin I always preferred/needed the [Go Advanced] screen. I think this is an accomplishment of XenForo really that I do not need the [Go Advanced/More Options] anymore. It is -yet again- another benefit in making posting on XenForo so much easier/quicker/natural compared to other products on the market.

Top Bottom