Fixed Quick reply editor not fully scrolled into view when quoting single line replies

tomdav

Affected version
I am using Firefox (latest stable release) as my Win10 desktop browser . I note that when I quote single line replies it does not fully scroll the quick reply editor into view. The preview and reply buttons are cut off. This does not manifest when quoting replies with more than 1 line or when using desktop Chrome so this seems to be a browser specific issue.

I noticed this phenomenon after adding code to reply without quote. If I call XF.focusEditor (without inserting anything) it behaves similarly to quoting single line replies (does not fully scroll the editor into view). I can fix the issue by calling scrollIntoView() before XF.focusEditor:

$quickReplyContainer = $('.js-quickReply'); $quickReplyContainer.get(0).scrollIntoView(); XF.focusEditor($quickReplyContainer);

Is there a reason why scrollIntoView() isn't called in advance by focusEditor? Seems like a good idea to call scrollIntoView() in advance to mitigate these kind of issues unless it creates other problems?

Thank you for reporting this issue. It has now been resolved and we are aiming to include it in a future XF release (2.1.3).

Change log:
When inserting a quote into the editor, before attempting to focus the editor, scroll the container into view first.
Any changes made as a result of this issue being resolved may not be rolled out here until later.

Top Bottom