1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ACP - better method of node reordering: drag & drop, move up/down, etc.

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by Floris, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Floris

Floris Guest

I kinda miss it and run into it every so often, the ability to just pick up a node element and drag it under another parent. Or order the language packs, or order the styles.
    There are a few situations where I kinda expect it to be drag/drop but the link is just a click to old-school edit a form. Progressive enhancement where possible due to modern browser, would be quite interesting and user friendly to have - additionally.
    Dadparvar, flash84, omds and 78 others like this.
  2. Chad Keck

Chad Keck Member

I'd like to request a visual tool to simplify the node tree arrangement, either drag and drop or at least a single page to accomplish this instead of having to go into each category or forum to set.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
    Ghostaunt, adwade, imno007 and 70 others like this.
  3. Chimpie

Chimpie Well-Known Member

As customers' sites grow, they will be adding and moving around their categories and forums. Since there is no Display Order like vB has, it would be really nice if customers could drag and drop the nodes into the order they want them.
    IPF, TrixieTang and gib like this.
  4. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

I just came here to suggest the same thing.
    Drag and drop or enter a sort number on the same page.
  5. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

Was thinking the same thing when arranging forums earlier.
  6. Floris

Floris Guest

I also suggested this, but I think it was internally. Yeah, drag/drop functionality to re-order the node tree would be epic.
    TrixieTang likes this.
  7. island

island Active Member

Drag and drop would be very cool, but even the simple "on one page" ordering of vB3 would be fine and a needed time-saver. The way it is now is fine if you only have a few forums in a category, but if you have a dozen or dozens that need to be ordered in a category, it becomes a pain in the neck to have to go back and forth back and forth at present.
  8. infinite.loop

infinite.loop Active Member

In my opinion this is a "must have" feature.

It is simply a pita to manage a forum with 100+ "subforums". Drag & Drop for changeing the forum order and create a hirarchy would be an incredible timesafer!
    drastic and CreationNation like this.
  9. Steve10

Steve10 Well-Known Member

I've been waying up whether to purchase a license for a while now, currently just waiting for some more addons (that I require) to be released and for my adwords payment to arrive but something to make it easy to reorder forums would be amazing and would be a massive timesaver (something similar to webs.com ordering system maybe?).
  10. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

No way to I consider this a "must have", but more of a convenience - one I'd sure love to see in XenForo. :)
  11. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Be sure to Like the first post if you want it to be considered.
  12. Floris

Floris Guest

Try a forum with 500+ forums. Something I deal with on an almost daily basis
  13. David McHenry

David McHenry Active Member

I agree this is pretty standard stuff in new software lately (even some old software), shouldn't be to awfully hard to accomplish.
  14. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

Liked... these type of simplistic additions that make administration easier are definitely warranted IMHO.
  15. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

ha in THAT case it would be a must have. :)
  16. infinite.loop

infinite.loop Active Member

Same reason here as for Floris. ;)
  17. Green Cat

Green Cat Active Member

Would love to see this feature added to the core.
  18. Darfuria

Darfuria Active Member

Yeah, definitely a must have. Considering there's a whole bunch of elegant javascripty things on XenForo already, it'd be silly to overlook this one.
  19. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Considering how nifty 99% of XenForo's interface is, it is, comparatively, a must-have. Currently, not having it is like roaming around with the dinosaurs when compared to the rest of XF's UI.
  20. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

This would be a must have for my gaming community, we have a games database which has over 1700 forums, we use IPB to manage the forums because of the drag and drop functionality it holds. The only problem with having this many forums is that they're displayed on one page and you cannot minimize the list for ease of use.