Implemented ACP - better method of node reordering: drag & drop, move up/down, etc.

• Thread starter Thread starter Floris
  • Start date Start date
F

Floris

I kinda miss it and run into it every so often, the ability to just pick up a node element and drag it under another parent. Or order the language packs, or order the styles.
There are a few situations where I kinda expect it to be drag/drop but the link is just a click to old-school edit a form. Progressive enhancement where possible due to modern browser, would be quite interesting and user friendly to have - additionally.

Upvote 84
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Agreed - and I'm fine with just a simple numbering system all on one page. Rather than having to click each node and edit its order individually.

When your node tree gets large, it is tedious when adding/changing forums to place the forums in the correct order. When you add a new forum, you must first go into the edit screen of an existing node to view the order number of the forums you want the new forum to be near.

It would be much easier for the user if you placed the numbering field in the actual node tree, then allowed the ordering to be persisted, OR if you gave some drag and drop functionality.

In my mind I envision a jQuery UI sortable way of doing it.

http://jqueryui.com/demos/sortable/

This is much needed for those with many forum nodes, also would be great to have the option to sort alphabetically.

Great suggestion! I've used something similar with the WP menu system. It certainly makes organization a great deal easier.

Have to throw my support in for this as well, truthfully I'm not sure why it isn't already a feature :D, ability to edit display order from one page seems like a necessity for any forum software really. I'm just glad I don't have a lot of categories right now :D

I think a drag'n'drop node sort would be awesome. Or, maybe just buttons that allow you to change the forum(up,down). It's a hassle to go through the each node separately.

Top Bottom