Implemented ACP - better method of node reordering: drag & drop, move up/down, etc.

• Thread starter Thread starter Floris
  • Start date Start date
F

Floris

I kinda miss it and run into it every so often, the ability to just pick up a node element and drag it under another parent. Or order the language packs, or order the styles.
There are a few situations where I kinda expect it to be drag/drop but the link is just a click to old-school edit a form. Progressive enhancement where possible due to modern browser, would be quite interesting and user friendly to have - additionally.

Upvote 84
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
As customers' sites grow, they will be adding and moving around their categories and forums. Since there is no Display Order like vB has, it would be really nice if customers could drag and drop the nodes into the order they want them.

I also suggested this, but I think it was internally. Yeah, drag/drop functionality to re-order the node tree would be epic.

Drag and drop would be very cool, but even the simple "on one page" ordering of vB3 would be fine and a needed time-saver. The way it is now is fine if you only have a few forums in a category, but if you have a dozen or dozens that need to be ordered in a category, it becomes a pain in the neck to have to go back and forth back and forth at present.

I've been waying up whether to purchase a license for a while now, currently just waiting for some more addons (that I require) to be released and for my adwords payment to arrive but something to make it easy to reorder forums would be amazing and would be a massive timesaver (something similar to webs.com ordering system maybe?).

Yeah, definitely a must have. Considering there's a whole bunch of elegant javascripty things on XenForo already, it'd be silly to overlook this one.

No way to I consider this a "must have", but more of a convenience - one I'd sure love to see in XenForo. :)
Considering how nifty 99% of XenForo's interface is, it is, comparatively, a must-have. Currently, not having it is like roaming around with the dinosaurs when compared to the rest of XF's UI.

This would be a must have for my gaming community, we have a games database which has over 1700 forums, we use IPB to manage the forums because of the drag and drop functionality it holds. The only problem with having this many forums is that they're displayed on one page and you cannot minimize the list for ease of use.

Top Bottom