Accidentally Deleted Thread

KC Riley

I accidentally deleted a thread with our staff handbook. I wanted to see if this thread in pink can still be recovered.

It's a bit confused on why the post is there after being deleted. I'm surprised the post did not completely disappear. The thread pointer still appears to be there. The post is highlighted in pink.

Keep in mind I came from IPS. I'm still getting use to the differences between Xenforo and IPS.

Can I still recover this post if it's highlighted in pink?
How can I can competely clear this post if it cannot be recovered?

image.webp

You have only soft deleted it so it can be restored by clicking the inline mod checkbox and selecting the option.

If you had hard deleted it, it would have been permanently removed and would not be able to be restored.

You have only soft deleted it so it can be restored by clicking the inline mod checkbox and selecting the option.

If you had hard deleted it, it would have been permanently removed and would not be able to be restored.

Thanks Brogan.

I have clikced the inline thread option. I get a list of options, but no option comes-up allowing me to restore the thread.

Here's a pic from my phone. No option to restore the thread is coming in the list under inline options.

image.webp

Ensure you have the relevant permission - 'Undelete threads / posts'.

Thanks Brogan. Do you know where I can find the option to fix the "Undelete threads" permission is in the AdminCP?

I tired searching the AdminCP but nothing useful comes up from searching "Undelete threads" in the AdminCP.

I've tried fixing the permissions for the Admin. The option to undelete a thread is still not coming-up.

It's in the user group permissions.

Thanks Brogan. I finally figured out what the problem was. I had a secondary user group for moderating under my Super Admin account. The moderating group does not have access to undelete.

After removing the Moderator from the secondary user group, the permissions error conflict disappeared.

It appears people need to be careful not to assign any secondary groups to the admin account that will create a conflict with the main user group's assigned permissions.

You can assign as many user groups as you like.
I suspect you used Never, which can't be overridden.

This may help: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/implementing-permissions-across-multiple-user-groups.358/

You're right.

If I want to fix that mistake of using the never option on a user group, do you have to delete the group's and re-create new group with the correct permissions?

Can you go back to that group and change the permissions to No and it will fix the problem with the specific user group?

Does "never" = forever? Are never permissions written in stone?

Just change Never to Not Set (No).

That will also make the permission not available but the difference is, Not Set (No) can be overridden by Allow in another user group.

Top Bottom