Fixed Scroll buttons disappear when you accidentally press between them

Sado Yasashii

Affected version
v2.2.7 Patch 1
Hello.
Tell me please. There are up and down scroll buttons. If we include two buttons, then if you accidentally press between them, they disappear. How can we fix it so that they don't disappear when accidentally pressed?
Screen Shot 11-21-21 at 01.40 PM.jpg
Maybe for you this is not considered a bug, but my users have a different opinion and it is annoying. Is there any solution?:(

The button code itself is in the PAGE_CONTAINER:
Code:
<xf:if is="property('scrollJumpButtons')">
    <div class="u-scrollButtons js-scrollButtons" data-trigger-type="{{ property('scrollJumpButtons') }}">
        <xf:button href="#top" class="button--scroll" data-xf-click="scroll-to"><xf:fa icon="fa-arrow-up" /><span class="u-srOnly">{{ phrase('top') }}</span></xf:button>
        <xf:if is="property('scrollJumpButtons') != 'up'">
            <xf:button href="#footer" class="button--scroll" data-xf-click="scroll-to"><xf:fa icon="fa-arrow-down" /><span class="u-srOnly">{{ phrase('bottom') }}</span></xf:button>
        </xf:if>
    </div>
</xf:if>
I suspect, that need to edit the js itself? Or can it be solved differently?
If there is no solution and the current work is considered correct, then say so.:)

Last edited:
Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.2.8).

Change log:
Inhibit scroll button click event when clicking between buttons
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

Top Bottom