XF 1.5 About Image and Link Proxy

Nirjonadda

Hello,

Please let me know that what does Image and Link Proxy option? If use Image and Link Proxy then all external image link are import/save to our server Disk?

Where I can get Image and Link Proxy Secret Key?

Thanks

Please let me know that what does Image and Link Proxy option?
It's primarily used for those with sites running HTTPS, to avoid mixed content warnings.

If use Image and Link Proxy then all external image link are import/save to our server Disk?
Images, yes.
Links are not 'saved'' anywhere but click tracking is possible.

Where I can get Image and Link Proxy Secret Key?
Just create one - it can be any random string.

You can't disable this. You can only limit how long they are kept for.

If i do understand, the Image Cache are not save image for permanent if Image Cache Lifetime (Days) set to 7 and Image Cache Refresh (Days) set 0 ? All image Refresh to new image after 7 days? If i disable Image and Link Proxy option then all image link Restored to original image link ?

An image will be stored until it hasn't been requested for at least the image cache lifetime setting. The image cache lifetime setting also represents when an image fetch will be attempted again (the refresh option controls this as well independently of the lifetime). So a 7 day lifetime and 0 refresh would potentially refresh an image after 7 days, but if the image hasn't been requested for 7 days, it will be removed from the system (and re-requested on demand).

If you disable the proxies, all links will go back to the original value.

Sorry just need to be clear here

If a user posts an image say from imgur and I have set the proxy system to retain the images indefinitely, if the image is then removed from imgur the image will still be displayed on the thread because it is now stored on my server, is that right?

Thats cool because I was looking for a way to automatically store photos that were hotlinked from sites like IMGUR, I was fed up of seeing broken image links when the poster deleted the photo from their third party host account. thank you

Top Bottom