Implemented Ability to upload icon/avatar

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
It seems that the RM will take the avatar of the author and display it. Can we have an option of using an external image or upload an attachment image?

Reasons:
For people who want to use RM as a showcase/listing of items such as cars, universities, etc, it makes a lot more sense to link to the model image instead of showing the author's avatars.

I'm planning to use this to display universities and would like to link to their official logos that are hosted on wikipedia so that I don't have to worry about copyright.
I image people that display things like sport teams would like to do the same.

I like this idea as an option.

Quite an elegant way of managing this image, is a bit like how the Slider feature works with XenPorta.

The attachment that you upload with a name of "slide.jpg" is hidden from the post as an attachment, but it is then used in the slider.

+1

Also want the category to have an icon image though.
So author avatar appears top right over their name
and the left side slot is a category icon.

It seems that the RM will take the avatar of the author and display it. Can we have an option of using an external image or upload an attachment image?

Reasons:
For people who want to use RM as a showcase/listing of items such as cars, universities, etc, it makes a lot more sense to link to the model image instead of showing the author's avatars.

I'm planning to use this to display universities and would like to link to their official logos that are hosted on wikipedia so that I don't have to worry about copyright.
I image people that display things like sport teams would like to do the same.

Agree (y)

e.g. for a Business-Marketplace, it makes more sense to have for example a "company-logo" for the avatar-image at the "Resource-Manager", as the user would not want to have his own personal image shown.

So this would give us 2 different images:
- "Resource Image"
- "Author-Avatar"

:)

yeah, I would just change the position of the Author-Avatar (person who uploaded the "Resource") and move it into the "Information"-box at the sidebar.
It makes more sense as we have the "Author"-name located in that "Information"-box in the sidebar already. By doing so, the Author-Avatar would be also in close proximity of the "Author"-name, which is fine.

This "Resource-image" could even be a bigger-size image, not just an icon.

Also considering Prefixes for RM:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/prefixes-for-resources.26997/

new-rm-mockup.webp

:coffee:

I already moved the Author avatar into the sidebar at the top, and enlarged it.
I am now placing an icon beside the title. But it'll have to be just the same icon for all my resources/ Articles. Would be nice to allocate an icon per category, with a default generic.

If you want to aee the RM Articles design with Author avatar in sidebar here is my working model.
http://www.housemorgain.co.uk/oval/resources/

This is a must have.....pretty please.... :love:

It's going to look really silly seeing my avatar listed a hundred :eek: times. I'd prefer to focus on the content and not the submitter.

I suppose we could take the avatar out for now. However, it would look so much more appealing with custom images per resource.

Top Bottom