1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ability to restrict certain threads to members only or even paid members only?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Deepmartini, May 20, 2011.

1. Deepmartini

Deepmartini Well-Known Member

Is there a way to make a forum category open to the public (without registration) yet restrict certain threads within that category open only to registered members? This would help entice guests to join as they would get to see some threads but not others. Or can you only restrict things via an entire category grouping?

2. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

You are wanting thread-level permissions.
    Not forum level permissions.
    I don't think that exists.
    I like your idea ... I think it could be helpful for certain forums ... I think it would be best to be a Modification and not a core function.

P.S. I want post-level permissions :)

3. Deepmartini

Deepmartini Well-Known Member

Wow what a POWERFUL idea! Category, Thread and Post Level Permissions. Now that's an incredible mod. Imagine displaying the first 3 posts with the message at the bottom "To read the rest of this thread and the remaining X posts, you must login or become a member. Join now." Now, that's a tease certain to entice new members. How difficult would a mod like this be to create? Anyone else interested?

4. Brett Peters

Brett Peters Well-Known Member

The first thing that comes to my mind when reading this thread is the member borbole, it may be worth a pm to see if what you are after can be made into a Mod ?