Lack of interest search showing "no results found" on threads visible to members only

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

erich37

I have set permissions for certain Forum-nodes to "Thread-Content to be visible by registered Members only" (ACP: "View thread content" is set to "revoke" for "Unregistered/Unconfirmed").

So literally it is showing the Threads and Thread-Title, but when clicking onto the Thread, it tells the visitor to "log-in or sign-up". It does not show the thread-content
This is fine.

However, when performing the "Advanced Search", then those threads (for which I have set the permission "Thread-Content to be visible by registered Members only") are not returned in the search-results.

So why are Thread-titles visible all across the Forum (which is fine), but the same Thread-titles (without Thread-content) are actually not returned as a search-result when performing a search ?
At least the Thread-titles (without the Thread-content) should show-up in search-results.

Instead of showing the "Thread Content", it should display a message saying: "Thread-Content is visible to registered Members Only. Please log-in or sign-up here."

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Further to this same idea, I can't see in the permissions how you can simply stop registered folks from searching a particular forum - one where they can see and post???

As an example, most forums would desire to keep off-topic and other such forums out of the search results.
Shouldn't one of the permission radio buttons say "search this forum"? (allow, never, etc.)

Top Bottom