Implemented Ability to define Route for the Index...

Jaxel

I have seen people request the ability to define a specific page NODE to the index, instead of the forum home node. However, page nodes are still part of the /forums/ route. I think it would be better if we could instead define a specific ROUTE to the index.

Right now, in XenForo, the index automatically routes to the /forums/ route tree. I would like to be able to change this route to something like... /portal/, and leave the /forums/ route in it's own place, accessible on the forums tab. The forums tab will also have to be slightly changed, since right now it links to the index, instead of the /forums/ route (this is fine, since the index is the canonical link to the /forums/ route)

Essentially I want the index to be the canonical link to /portal/

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Right now, in XenForo, the index automatically routes to the /forums/ route tree.
:(

and leave the /forums/ route in it's own place, accessible on the forums tab.
Yeah !
I was so excited when I saw that Xenforo already had a [Home] Tab and Pages. After I had seen those things, saw how great the forums worked, I was convinced to just buy Xenforo on Launch day. (Certainly the IB lawsuit sealed the deal because the $40 savings wasn't important). To me, Pages and the Home tab were already forward thinking ideas and showed XF wanted to be great forum software to start and was ready to be a FULL website in the near future.

I have dedicated alot of time already to the xenforo community. Helping, researchings, etc. And I love doing so.

So far my only disappointments have been: (1) The Home Tab which looked like a "real" tab wasn't a real tab, (2) Pages are stuck in the Forums Tab, and (3) having to use ModRewrites to avoid www.mysite.com ending up in /forums.
Of course that's 3 small strikes with 100 home runs !

Please consider this suggestion to help spur Xenforo development. Xenforo should be the forum software that showed all other forums how important developers are to a community and how "non-forum" elements of a website are ESSENTIAL elements.

Thanks for Xenforo, and thanks for listening ! :)

It's possible now but there are a few bugs which have been fixed in the next release.

Either way, it looks like Shadab has achieved what a lot of people have been asking for; the ability to use any view as the home page, the home page tab to remain highlighted and the URL in the address bar to show as the root address.

Top Bottom