Resource icon

[AA] Notable Members [Paid] 1.3.1

No permission to buy ($7.50)
I got something similar when there was an attempt to view a non existent member with userid 0. So it's some bot.

Just bought and installed this on our beta site which has the post ratings imported and on our sandbox which doesn't.
I used the default of 30 days activity.
On the sandbox it took several minutes to open the tabs, but worked.
When I open the notable members page on the beta site, it times out after 5 minutes.

What query is being run here? Because as it stands, I can't use this on AVForums.

Ok my suggestions after seeing the addon running on the sandbox are these please:
1) Exclude specific user groups from the notable members list. Currently ours is full of moderators and editorial staff.
2) Display some text under each tab to let people know that the list is filtered. I'd want to be able to edit this text.
3) I'd like to be able to display the most messages Ever, In the last Month (measure 30 days), Week and Day (measure 24 hours) using some kind of selectable filter in the most messages tab.

Just bought and installed this on our beta site which has the post ratings imported and on our sandbox which doesn't.
I used the default of 30 days activity.
On the sandbox it took several minutes to open the tabs, but worked.
When I open the notable members page on the beta site, it times out after 5 minutes.

What query is being run here? Because as it stands, I can't use this on AVForums.

Ok my suggestions after seeing the addon running on the sandbox are these please:
1) Exclude specific user groups from the notable members list. Currently ours is full of moderators and editorial staff.
2) Display some text under each tab to let people know that the list is filtered. I'd want to be able to edit this text.
3) I'd like to be able to display the most messages Ever, In the last Month (measure 30 days), Week and Day (measure 24 hours) using some kind of selectable filter in the most messages tab.

I'm a little confused by this report. I've seen this installed on a few boards with a lot of member's and it didn't cause those problems. In fact, that's the opposite of what it's supposed to do. It's supposed to increase performance. Could I possibly see your sandbox and dev sites with debug mode enabled? You can private message me if you'd prefer. I'm thinking for some reason there may be an unindexed column (xf_user.last_activity).

Had 3 errors all at the same time hours after installation. Anything to worry about?

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined property: XenForo_ControllerResponse_Redirect::$params - library/XMNotableMembers/ControllerPublic/Member.php:12
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 12:34 AM

Stack Trace

#0 /home/adminx/public_html/library/XMNotableMembers/ControllerPublic/Member.php(12): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
#1 /home/adminx/public_html/library/LatestMembersBlock/ControllerPublic/Member.php(12): XMNotableMembers_ControllerPublic_Member->actionIndex()
#2 /home/adminx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): LatestMembersBlock_ControllerPublic_Member->actionIndex(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/adminx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()
#4 /home/adminx/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(30) "http://adminextra.com/members/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(2) {
    ["username"] => string(9) "Christian"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}
Code:
ErrorException: Undefined property: XenForo_ControllerResponse_Redirect::$templateName - library/XMNotableMembers/ControllerPublic/Member.php:13

Stack Trace

#0 /home/adminx/public_html/library/XMNotableMembers/ControllerPublic/Member.php(13): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
#1 /home/adminx/public_html/library/LatestMembersBlock/ControllerPublic/Member.php(12): XMNotableMembers_ControllerPublic_Member->actionIndex()
#2 /home/adminx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): LatestMembersBlock_ControllerPublic_Member->actionIndex(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/adminx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()
#4 /home/adminx/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(2) {
  }
}
Code:
ErrorException: array_merge() [<a href='function.array-merge'>function.array-merge</a>]: Argument #1 is not an array - library/XMNotableMembers/ControllerPublic/Member.php:13

Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(NULL, Array)
#1 /home/adminx/public_html/library/XMNotableMembers/ControllerPublic/Member.php(13): array_merge()
#2 /home/adminx/public_html/library/LatestMembersBlock/ControllerPublic/Member.php(12): XMNotableMembers_ControllerPublic_Member->actionIndex()
#3 /home/adminx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): LatestMembersBlock_ControllerPublic_Member->actionIndex(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/adminx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()
#5 /home/adminx/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(2) {
  }
}

Another niggle - the "Most Positive Ratings" listing (from the Post Ratings add-on) seems to ignore the Notable Members settings. Is that an issue for you or for Luke? :)

That's a problem with mine. It doesn't currently hook into any other addons, so any add on that modifies that page won't run off the cache. The default tabs do.

I have your first thing fixed for the next release. I just can't put it up yet because I broke the caching due to being in the process of switching it to deferred methods so that instead of loading the page live, once, slow, for one person every 24 hours. Someone's board is so big that the normal query, not working off cache, takes over a second to execute. With this installed it takes like .01 seconds like it should :). That person however, recommended deferring the task (great idea) so that nobody ever has to deal with that one second query.

Should be up tomorrow.

Just thought about it and realized that I didn't respond to these requests due to being more concerned with why it wasn't loading at all for you.

1&2) After I get it working with the differed method, I'll start on this. At the very least I'll give you a line of code you can add so that it's ready for your launch, in case I don't think I'll be done in time.
3) One of the first add ons I made for XenForo did something like this, it's pretty ugly though so I can't suggest you use it lol. I have been intending on updating it, just haven't yet. It didn't hook into the notable members page, it made it's own path. I'll possibly integrate it into this page -eventually-.

Just an update, I didn't package it yet but I have it working. I'll package an update around lunch time in the morning.

I'm a little confused by this report. I've seen this installed on a few boards with a lot of member's and it didn't cause those problems. In fact, that's the opposite of what it's supposed to do. It's supposed to increase performance. Could I possibly see your sandbox and dev sites with debug mode enabled? You can private message me if you'd prefer. I'm thinking for some reason there may be an unindexed column (xf_user.last_activity).
Daniel has helped find a solution, thanks. :)
Hi guys I have the same issue, large forum, ages to load tabs. Do you have a solution can you share?

Forgot to include, there shouldn't be any more errors when searching a user from the member list.

@D.O.A. and @Stuart Wright your boards should be able to use this much easier now. The very first page load of each tab may be slow but after that any re-captures will be deferred so you may just want to go through and click each tab yourself once.

It's actually not a cron; When it hasn't recompiled for 24 hours and someone loads the page, it uses the deferred system to recompile. If you wanted to see it in the process list you could open XMNotableMembers/ControllerPublic/Member.php and change "(60*60)*24" to "0" -> load the members page and then look in phpmyadmin at the table "xf_deferred".

Mike explains deferred tasks here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/assorted-small-things.48937/
New general-purpose system for long running processes
1.2 adds a new "deferred" system for running any code that can be broken up into pieces and may take a long time (multiple seconds or more) to run. Deferred tasks can be triggered automatically by the code as necessary and they will either be run automatically in the background (by page views) or by displaying the current running state to the administrator (in the case of some cache rebuilds). This effectively unifies the cache rebuild systems with cron and other potentially long running processes (such as the bulk user change system discussed in the past).

Top Bottom