XF 2.2 A widget with important threads?

blood2k

Is there a way to create a widget where it will display a list of important threads? The important threads would be threads that I choose manually?

Im looking to pin around 10 important threads in a widget for all customers to see at any time they visit my forum.

I believe this should be a pretty basic function and doable within xenforo.

This one ?

That looks pretty cool, but looks like it only filters for NEW threads. Basically, I'm just looking for a bunch of "featured" threads that I manually want to choose. But all the featured thread addons are sliders with images, we don't need some complexity.

This one looks like it has a lot more options

There may be something to do with a search forum and the search forum widget:
If you manage to single out your 10 important discussions (either by a prefix or by a tag for example) you can display them in a search forum configured accordingly (itself set not to appear in the list of forums) and then use the forum search widget to display your top 10 discussions wherever you want.

I am using parts of this one now:

There may be something to do with a search forum and the search forum widget:
If you manage to single out your 10 important discussions (either by a prefix or by a tag for example) you can display them in a search forum configured accordingly (itself set not to appear in the list of forums) and then use the forum search widget to display your top 10 discussions wherever you want.
^ This is how I achieve the desired effect.

Top Bottom