XF 2.2 How to display content of a specific post within a widget?

t_chance

I have been trying to figure out if there might be a way to select a specific post within a thread and have it displayed in a widget on the home page (not forum view) with any images or media embeds included.

For instance: In an ongoing thread, let's say someone posts an image or a tweet (not the first post), I consider it "Front Page material" and want to single out that specific post for the home page - and display all of the content within it.

The closest thing I could find is the "New Threads" widget, which allows you to select an "Expanded" display style, which will display the content of the first post in a particular thread, along with any pictures or media embeds.
1667843475782.webp

Any thoughts on if this is possible, and if so, how I might go about doing it? If no coding solution, perhaps an add-on?

The closest thing I could find is the "New Threads" widget,
This would rely on the thread being a new thread though.

I think you might do this with a search forum that would be based on a unique tag for the thread in question. Then use the search forum widget.

I'm not certain but may be worth experimenting. And it could be worth looking into the enhanced search forum widget addon which I recently discovered by @BassMan who could probably give you better info on whether this will do what you are asking.

Otherwise, yes, static HTML.

Thank you all. I decided to move another direction and checked out @BassMan's widgets, per @Mr Lucky's recommendation. Not exactly what I wanted, but simpler!

For what it is worth, @Brogan's method of pulling the HTML from the browser inspector does work, I just am not interested in doing that every time 😂

Thanks again!

Top Bottom