XF 2.2 A widget with important threads?

blood2k

Is there a way to create a widget where it will display a list of important threads? The important threads would be threads that I choose manually?

Im looking to pin around 10 important threads in a widget for all customers to see at any time they visit my forum.

I believe this should be a pretty basic function and doable within xenforo.

blood2k

This one ?

That looks pretty cool, but looks like it only filters for NEW threads. Basically, I'm just looking for a bunch of "featured" threads that I manually want to choose. But all the featured thread addons are sliders with images, we don't need some complexity.

Muddy Boots

This one looks like it has a lot more options

Nicolas FR

There may be something to do with a search forum and the search forum widget:
If you manage to single out your 10 important discussions (either by a prefix or by a tag for example) you can display them in a search forum configured accordingly (itself set not to appear in the list of forums) and then use the forum search widget to display your top 10 discussions wherever you want.

ge66

I am using parts of this one now:

Lee

There may be something to do with a search forum and the search forum widget:
If you manage to single out your 10 important discussions (either by a prefix or by a tag for example) you can display them in a search forum configured accordingly (itself set not to appear in the list of forums) and then use the forum search widget to display your top 10 discussions wherever you want.
^ This is how I achieve the desired effect.