XF 1.3 A weird problem/bug

Jens1986

Hello,

I have a really weird problem at my forum, that I have tried to figure out for a while, but I cant find out what the problem is.

XF 1.3 (the april update)
Shared server on Bluehost (the cheapest package they got)

The forum loads, people can log in, make threads/posts/upload attachments, I can log in to admin etc. with no problems, and ok loading speed.

My problem:
People cant like, delete, move posts/threads, view attachments - it is hard to explain for me as English is not my first language, but every page loads like its supposed to, but the links and checkboxes doesnt work as they should - the loading image thing in the top right corner just keeps going forever. The "Reply" link does however work.

I have tried to change to the default theme, it doesnt help. I have also tried to disable most of the plugins, it does not help either.

If anyone wants to try, I have created a test user:
Username: bugtest
Pw: bugtest
Forum: http://alopeci.info

If you try to like a post or click on a username in a post you will see what I mean.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
It's working fine for me, using that test account.

There does appear to be an awful lot of javascript errors relating to something by audentio.

Also, you have ebay js files being loaded - make sure they're not being blocked by an ad-blocker...

Liam

You have some errors on your page which appear when trying to like a post or view a membercard.

Code:
XenForo.activate(

#document
) http://alopeci.info/js/swfupload/Flash/swfupload.swf attachment_editor.js?_v=4f6aac82:6

Attachments changed, total files: 0, images: 0 attachment_editor.js?_v=4f6aac82:13
XenForo.init() 741ms. jQuery 1.11.0/1.2.8-dev xenforo.js?_v=4f6aac82:209
[LIST=1]
[*]Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function functions.min.js?_v=4f6aac82:1
[LIST=1]
[*](anonymous function)functions.min.js?_v=4f6aac82:1
[*]jjquery-1.11.0.min.js:2
[*]k.fireWithjquery-1.11.0.min.js:2
[*]n.extend.readyjquery-1.11.0.min.js:2
[*]Kjquery-1.11.0.min.js:2
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
Invalid App Id: Must be a number or numeric string representing the application id. all.js:54
FB.getLoginStatus() called before calling FB.init(). all.js:54
FB.getLoginStatus() called before calling FB.init(). all.js:54
Consider using 'dppx' units, as in CSS 'dpi' means dots-per-CSS-inch, not dots-per-physical-inch, so does not correspond to the actual 'dpi' of a screen. In media query expression: (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 1.5), (min-resolution: 144dpi) tweet_button.1406859257.html:1
OverlayLoader for index.php?members/finasteride.78/&card=1 xenforo.js?_v=4f6aac82:284
[LIST=1]
[*]Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function xenforo.js?_v=4f6aac82:151
[LIST=1]
[*]jQuery.extend.swingxenforo.js?_v=4f6aac82:151
[*]$b.runjquery-1.11.0.min.js:4
[*]ijquery-1.11.0.min.js:4
[*]n.fx.timerjquery-1.11.0.min.js:4
[*]lcjquery-1.11.0.min.js:4
[*]gjquery-1.11.0.min.js:4
[*]n.extend.dequeuejquery-1.11.0.min.js:3
[*](anonymous function)jquery-1.11.0.min.js:3
[*]n.extend.eachjquery-1.11.0.min.js:2
[*]n.fn.n.eachjquery-1.11.0.min.js:2
[*]n.fn.extend.queuejquery-1.11.0.min.js:3
[*]n.fn.extend.animatejquery-1.11.0.min.js:4
[*]n.fn.(anonymous function)jquery-1.11.0.min.js:4
[*](anonymous function)xenforo.js?_v=4f6aac82:55
[*]a.extend.loadxenforo.js?_v=4f6aac82:52
[*]bxenforo.js?_v=4f6aac82:268
[*]c.bind.ajaxStartxenforo.js?_v=4f6aac82:268
[*]n.event.dispatchjquery-1.11.0.min.js:3
[*]r.handlejquery-1.11.0.min.js:3
[*]n.event.triggerjquery-1.11.0.min.js:3
[*]e.event.triggerxenforo.js?_v=4f6aac82:2
[*]n.extend.ajaxjquery-1.11.0.min.js:4
[*]c.extend.ajaxxenforo.js?_v=4f6aac82:225
[*]XenForo.OverlayLoader.loadxenforo.js?_v=4f6aac82:284
[*]XenForo.OverlayTrigger.showxenforo.js?_v=4f6aac82:280
[*](anonymous function)xenforo.js?_v=4f6aac82:195
[*]n.event.dispatchjquery-1.11.0.min.js:3
[*]r.handlejquery-1.11.0.min.js:3
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
Loaded css 0, likes_summary xenforo.js?_v=4f6aac82:247
XenForo.activate(

[div.likesSummary.secondaryContent.__XenForoActivator, prevObject: e.fn.init[1], context: undefined, jquery: "1.11.0", constructor: function, selector: ""…]
) xenforo.js?_v=4f6aac82:220
[LIST=1]
[*]Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function xenforo.js?_v=4f6aac82:151
[LIST=1]
[*]jQuery.extend.swingxenforo.js?_v=4f6aac82:151
[*]$b.runjquery-1.11.0.min.js:4
[*]ijquery-1.11.0.min.js:4
[*]n.fx.timerjquery-1.11.0.min.js:4
[*]lcjquery-1.11.0.min.js:4
[*]gjquery-1.11.0.min.js:4
[*]n.extend.dequeuejquery-1.11.0.min.js:3
[*](anonymous function)jquery-1.11.0.min.js:3
[*]n.extend.eachjquery-1.11.0.min.js:2
[*]n.fn.n.eachjquery-1.11.0.min.js:2
[*]n.fn.extend.queuejquery-1.11.0.min.js:3
[*]n.fn.extend.animatejquery-1.11.0.min.js:4
[*]n.fn.(anonymous function)jquery-1.11.0.min.js:4
[*]jQuery.fn.extend.xfSlideDownxenforo.js?_v=4f6aac82:200
[*]jQuery.fn.extend.xfFadeDownxenforo.js?_v=4f6aac82:200
[*]jQuery.fn.extend.xfInsertxenforo.js?_v=4f6aac82:201
[*](anonymous function)xenforo.js?_v=4f6aac82:307
[*]XenForo.ExtLoader.callSuccessxenforo.js?_v=4f6aac82:249
[*]XenForo.ExtLoader.successCountxenforo.js?_v=4f6aac82:249
[*](anonymous function)xenforo.js?_v=4f6aac82:195
[*]f.length.c.ajax.successxenforo.js?_v=4f6aac82:247
[*]jjquery-1.11.0.min.js:2
[*]k.fireWithjquery-1.11.0.min.js:2
[*]xjquery-1.11.0.min.js:4
[*]bjquery-1.11.0.min.js:4
[*]
[/LIST]
[/LIST]

I'm getting the same issues that you reported though on one occasion I was able to like a post.

It's working fine for me, using that test account.

There does appear to be an awful lot of javascript errors relating to something by audentio.

Also, you have ebay js files being loaded - make sure they're not being blocked by an ad-blocker...

Liam
Thats weird. I have had the moderators try to move/delete/edit posts/threads and they get the same loading thing as me. We are all located in Norway. Can it have something to do with the shared server being in the USA?

Thats weird. I have had the moderators try to move/delete/edit posts/threads and they get the same loading thing as me. We are all located in Norway. Can it have something to do with the shared server being in the USA?

I doubt it, it's more likely to do with an adblocker/errors in UI.X.

Liam

No, nothing to do with server location. It's likely due to the errors.

Damn. I just disabled all the ebay widgets etc and now it looks like problem is solved. That was weird.
You still have a bunch of other errors on that also need dealing with.

Code:
XenForo.activate(
#document
)
PageNav
e.fn.init[1]
PageNav
e.fn.init[1]
XenForo.init() 424ms. jQuery 1.11.0/1.2.8-dev
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property '0' of undefined alopeci.info/js/audentio/uix/functions.min.js?_v=4f6aac82:1

The more you scroll on a page, the more errors appear (you can check this with the console in your browser).

As these all seem related to UI.X, I suggest you post for support in the discussion thread for that add-on.

You still have a bunch of other errors on that also need dealing with.

Code:
XenForo.activate(
#document
)
PageNav
e.fn.init[1]
PageNav
e.fn.init[1]
XenForo.init() 424ms. jQuery 1.11.0/1.2.8-dev
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property '0' of undefined alopeci.info/js/audentio/uix/functions.min.js?_v=4f6aac82:1

The more you scroll on a page, the more errors appear (you can check this with the console in your browser).

As these all seem related to UI.X, I suggest you post for support in the discussion thread for that add-on.

I will.

Big thank you to both of you. This problem has been irritating me for a week, and it was such a quick fix lol.

The Ebay widgets has been my main income source on the forum. @Martok & @Liam W do you have any idea about how I can still use the ebay widgets? Would putting them on a different server and inserting them with iframe solve the problem?

The Ebay widgets has been my main income source on the forum. @Martok & @Liam W do you have any idea about how I can still use the ebay widgets? Would putting them on a different server and inserting them with iframe solve the problem?

It might not be them - I didn't get the error.

Re-enable them, and when you try and perform an action open the javascript console (Chrome: Ctrl+Shift+J, Cmd+Option+J).

Also, to rule out the style being the issue, create a new unmodified style, and switch to that style on the frontend. Does the error still occur? If not, then the error is actually with the style, and not the ebay js.

Liam

Erm, just a warning @Jens1986

The test account you posted earlier, is now an admin account. I was still logged in...

You might want to change it's password/delete and recreate the account, for security.

Liam

It might not be them - I didn't get the error.

Re-enable them, and when you try and perform an action open the javascript console (Chrome: Ctrl+Shift+J, Cmd+Option+J).

Also, to rule out the style being the issue, create a new unmodified style, and switch to that style on the frontend. Does the error still occur? If not, then the error is actually with the style, and not the ebay js.

Liam

Thanks, will try this.

Erm, just a warning @Jens1986

The test account you posted earlier, is now an admin account. I was still logged in...

You might want to change it's password/delete and recreate the account, for security.

Liam

Oh! Thanks for letting me know. Deleted

Code:
'Attr.nodeValue' is deprecated. Please use 'value' instead.
XenForo.activate(
#document
)
XenForo.SquareThumbs:
e.fn.init[1]
flash url: http://alopeci.info/js/swfupload/Flash/swfupload.swf
Attachments changed, total files: 0, images: 0
XenForo.init() 713ms. jQuery 1.11.0/1.2.8-dev
Invalid App Id: Must be a number or numeric string representing the application id.
FB.getLoginStatus() called before calling FB.init().
Consider using 'dppx' units, as in CSS 'dpi' means dots-per-CSS-inch, not dots-per-physical-inch, so does not correspond to the actual 'dpi' of a screen. In media query expression: (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 1.5), (min-resolution: 144dpi) tweet_button.1406859257.html:1
Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function alopeci.info/js/xenforo/xenforo.js?_v=4f6aac82:151

This is what I get when I try to like a post, when the widget is enabled in the Default XF style @Liam W

I really have no clue when it comes to Javascript. :/

Last edited:
Top Bottom