Other A way to block email notifications

DaveRite

I would like a plugin that just completely stops email notifications for a new reply to a thread.

I know there is an option for it, but I would like something that will just disable it for them. Since no one on my forum likes it.

Someone screenshotted their email and it's just the entire page filled with thread replies. Just complete spam.

ACP | Options | Email Options | "Include full message text in watched thread/forum notification emails" -> untick
Already have it unticked, people still get a notification for replies in watched threads. It won't have the message in the email but they will still get an email letting them know someone responded

Already have it unticked, people still get a notification for replies in watched threads. It won't have the message in the email but they will still get an email letting them know someone responded
Why are your users selecting the email option when watching a thread/forum if they don't want emails?

Why are your users selecting the email option when watching a thread/forum if they don't want emails?
oAOnwPx.png

Any thread that someone commented in before they unticked that box there, they will still get an email notification. Which is a huge problem for my forum.

So for example, I might have a thread with 100 different people responding in there over the course of a few months.

If they didn't untick that box before replying to that thread, they will still get all of the emails for future comments.

Top Bottom