A Social tweak to Theme

Digital Doctor

Idea: moving the People who you follow ... who are online ... to somewhere more prominent.

social-theme-more-room-jpg.30041

or maybe something like this ... list the Staff in the Top Row to make their presence more obvious ?

social-theme-follow3-jpg.25999

The idea is that I don't see the Forum Home very often (almost never ?) so ... it's hard to encourage member social interaction when they don't see their friends online.

Style ideas

Attachments

• social.theme.follow1.webp
    social.theme.follow1.webp
    20 KB · Views: 91
  • social.theme.follow2.webp
    social.theme.follow2.webp
    20.1 KB · Views: 82
  • social.theme.follow3.webp
    social.theme.follow3.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 106
This was more of an idea for Style makers.
Just wasn't sure where it should go.
If it was easy, I'd like 3.

Q: Has anyone seen any Styles that put the "People you follow" in a more creative location than the default Forum Home location ?

#3 You may, pending how many you list per row clash with the inbox & alerts balloon indicator being hidden cropped behind the avatars, I experienced this issue when I moved the search directly above the navtabs so that it sits onto. You'll most probably have to add a margin-right to .visitorTabs but even then that may not be enough. I suppose if your extending the height of the header then you won't have too much of a problem pending you show x amount of people your following.

Not something I would do personally as it has the potential to look very untidy when the sidebar block keeps it contained neatly. That and I feel there's other stuff that would better utilize that area.

This would be a great use for the open space (for non-moderators) in userbar on the Flexile theme.

#1 seems like a more cleaner style, but if you follow a lot of people it could get a little busy there. Unless of course there was a scroll (left to right) option. Nothing that you'd have to click, but more of a hand gesture thing

Idea: moving the People who you follow ... who are online ... to somewhere more prominent.

The idea is that I don't see the Forum Home very often (almost never ?) so ... it's hard to encourage member social interaction when they don't see their friends online.

Style ideas
Or how about if you enable sidebar globally ?
Dont ask me how, but that might be another solution of your problem(concern)

Top Bottom