1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Social tweak to Theme

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Discussions' started by Digital Doctor, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Idea: moving the People who you follow ... who are online ... to somewhere more prominent.

[​IMG]

or maybe something like this ... list the Staff in the Top Row to make their presence more obvious ?

[​IMG]

The idea is that I don't see the Forum Home very often (almost never ?) so ... it's hard to encourage member social interaction when they don't see their friends online.

Style ideas

Attached Files:

erich37 likes this.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Are you asking how to achieve this for your own installation?

3. Digital Doctor

This was more of an idea for Style makers.
    Just wasn't sure where it should go.
    If it was easy, I'd like 3.

Q: Has anyone seen any Styles that put the "People you follow" in a more creative location than the default Forum Home location ?

4. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

It's simplier to have this with everywhere sidebar.

fitu, M@rc and erich37 like this.
  5. Digital Doctor

That would work.
    I don't use SideBar Everywhere.

6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

This reminds me of the friend's online sidebar in Facebook.

7. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

#3 You may, pending how many you list per row clash with the inbox & alerts balloon indicator being hidden cropped behind the avatars, I experienced this issue when I moved the search directly above the navtabs so that it sits onto. You'll most probably have to add a margin-right to .visitorTabs but even then that may not be enough. I suppose if your extending the height of the header then you won't have too much of a problem pending you show x amount of people your following.

Not something I would do personally as it has the potential to look very untidy when the sidebar block keeps it contained neatly. That and I feel there's other stuff that would better utilize that area.

mrGTB likes this.
  8. Coop1979

Coop1979 Well-Known Member

This would be a great use for the open space (for non-moderators) in userbar on the Flexile theme.

9. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

#1 seems like a more cleaner style, but if you follow a lot of people it could get a little busy there. Unless of course there was a scroll (left to right) option. Nothing that you'd have to click, but more of a hand gesture thing

10. Digital Doctor

Here's more room :)
    Good idea about the scroll if needed.
    social.theme.more.room.jpg

TheVisitors likes this.
  11. tafreehm

tafreehm Well-Known Member

Or how about if you enable sidebar globally ?
    Dont ask me how, but that might be another solution of your problem(concern)

TheVisitors likes this.
  12. Digital Doctor

What's everywhere sidebar ?