A Quick Look: XPress

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessicaP

Hey all! My name is Jessica and I’m with ThemeHouse. We create business-class premium themes and add-ons for XenForo.

We’re getting ready to launch XPress and thought we’d share some of the details behind our WordPress to XenForo bridge. XPress allows for a better flow between the world's most popular CMS and XenForo. We'll run through a few of the features XPress offers to help create a better user experience:

Same one design, two softwares
Why go through the process of setting up both XenForo and WordPress every time you make a change? XPress is a cost-effective, time saving tool to help make sure you’re always in sync.

Sign on with either account
Sign into both platforms with your XenForo account.

Share memberships and ads, both ways
Premium content and advertisements can now be shared seamlessly between XenForo and WordPress. Set it up once and you’re done.

Compatible with UI.X and UI.X Pro
Or any theme of your choosing! XPress is highly extendable and can be implemented in just a few easy steps.

I've attached a few screenshots and I'll be sharing a few "quick look" videos of features with you while our developers continue working.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 4.33.29 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 4.33.29 PM.webp
    85.5 KB · Views: 169
  • Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 4.32.41 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 4.32.41 PM.webp
    83 KB · Views: 165
  • Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 4.09.23 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 4.09.23 PM.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 163
  • Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 4.07.04 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 4.07.04 PM.webp
    64.8 KB · Views: 160
  • Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 4.05.51 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 4.05.51 PM.webp
    77.9 KB · Views: 158
  • Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 4.05.19 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 4.05.19 PM.webp
    79.9 KB · Views: 173
  • Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 4.03.23 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 4.03.23 PM.webp
    142.5 KB · Views: 170
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A quick look at one of the features we were recently working on.

A look at the settings available with XPress.

The looks and the full integrated approach is quite promising. Talking about a "seamless" integrated approach: how does this work with WordPress add-ons like for example WooCommerce? Are they also mimicking the looks and integrate well or does it end there?

The looks and the full integrated approach is quite promising. Talking about a "seamless" integrated approach: how does this work with WordPress add-ons like for example WooCommerce? Are they also mimicking the looks and integrate well or does it end there?
We essentially merge wp_head() with XenForo's head. So there could be issues with order, or with CSS on XenForo overwriting. Hard to say if there is perfect support as it will ultimately depend on how the add-on's are setup. We've specifically tested the top 10 or so plugins and have had great success. WooCommerce was one, and it works well. Visual composer works. Divi builder is working at the moment with a small issue with caching that we're consulting with Elegant Themes on, but we expect that to work at some point. So all the top add-ons are indeed going to be supported.

Ill post a video of all our themes working with it (as well as default and other theme designers as well), would love to see @Arty and @Ehren and PixelExits themes and how it works here, as far as I know should not need any code to be changed from them at all, but would love to confirm. If any other theme designers care to take a look would be happy to send them the beta files!

ETA: here is the order

<head>
[All XF stuff]
[WP Head]
</head>

Also

<body>
[All page stuff]
[WP Footer]
[XF Scripts]
</body>

Quick question. For theme, will it pull the appearance from xenforo or would it be the wordpress theme appearance?

Quick question. For theme, will it pull the appearance from xenforo or would it be the wordpress theme appearance?
It will pull in from XenForo. Pulling theme into XenForo is for the most part impossible. There are too many things WordPress does not know about (visitor tabs like alerts and inbox, search, template modifications from add-ons, etc.) WordPress does not require templates or anything specific, you can start from a blank slate with WordPress. So it only made sense that since XenForo is the most complicated setup by a mile (by its nature of having templates) that Wordpress needs to be brought into XenForo.

I don't think bringing XenForo into WordPress would be possible, not without a XenForo API. And that would not work with add-ons.

This system supports both XenForo and WordPress add-ons, and is the only way possible to do it.

It will pull in from XenForo. Pulling theme into XenForo is for the most part impossible. There are too many things WordPress does not know about (visitor tabs like alerts and inbox, search, template modifications from add-ons, etc.) WordPress does not require templates or anything specific, you can start from a blank slate with WordPress. So it only made sense that since XenForo is the most complicated setup by a mile (by its nature of having templates) that Wordpress needs to be brought into XenForo.

I don't think bringing XenForo into WordPress would be possible, not without a XenForo API. And that would not work with add-ons.

This system supports both XenForo and WordPress add-ons, and is the only way possible to do it.
Ok thank you Mike. What about the plugin like buddypress, do you think there will be some complications with implementing that, or will it be possible or even needed? Because I will be using woocommerce as my site will run sales and products, so this is just a big area I am curious about. Also you guys know a date when beta will be released? Thank you again for your reply, as I mentioned before, I am really stoked about this project :)

This system supports both XenForo and WordPress add-ons, and is the only way possible to do it. Oh I see, so since it will be fully based on xenforo then bp wont be needed. And since it works with woocommerce that is great. This is much money saving, and I am just overjoyed about all the possibilities that can be created. This has my brain going and I am very thankful you guys put work into this project :)

Ok thank you Mike. What about the plugin like buddypress, do you think there will be some complications with implementing that, or will it be possible or even needed? Because I will be using woocommerce as my site will run sales and products, so this is just a big area I am curious about. Also you guys know a date when beta will be released? Thank you again for your reply, as I mentioned before, I am really stoked about this project :)
Hmm Im not sure why you would want buddypress if you use XenForo. I suppose it would work just like any other add-on though! Our plan is July 2nd, pending any bugs from developers and beta team, with July 9th being the latest release date.

This system supports both XenForo and WordPress add-ons, and is the only way possible to do it. Oh I see, so since it will be fully based on xenforo then bp wont be needed. And since it works with woocommerce that is great. This is much money saving, and I am just overjoyed about all the possibilities that can be created. This has my brain going and I am very thankful you guys put work into this project :)

Ah yep sorry gotcha! Yeah I mean its kind of bittersweet for me, because our company was known for doing seamless, pixel-perfect WP/XF themes - it was one of our top requested services. This product cuts WordPress/XenForo integration costs in half. We'll be able to save customers thousands upon thousands with this product. Its bittersweet as something we were known for doing will be easily solved by this product. But the savings will be worth it, funds can be allocated to more unique and interesting features or just saved in the pocket book!

Hmm Im not sure why you would want buddypress if you use XenForo. I suppose it would work just like any other add-on though! Our plan is July 2nd, pending any bugs from developers and beta team, with July 9th being the latest release date.

Ah yep sorry gotcha! Yeah I mean its kind of bittersweet for me, because our company was known for doing seamless, pixel-perfect WP/XF themes - it was one of our top requested services. This product cuts WordPress/XenForo integration costs in half. We'll be able to save customers thousands upon thousands with this product. Its bittersweet as something we were known for doing will be easily solved by this product. But the savings will be worth it, funds can be allocated to more unique and interesting features or just saved in the pocket book!
you are right it will be saving web developers thousands of dollars. I have looked for something like this for months and some of the quotes, well let's just say your addon will save me and others tons of money :)

Is this going to be packaged as an addon and be bundled with your addon subscription plans? @Mike Creuzer
It doesn't directly fall into a XenForo-only product, so we'll be changing verbiage on our subscription plans to exclude both UI.X Pro (which comes with a service) and XPress which comes with a WordPress plugin and theme. To be clear, the parts that make up UI.X Pro (as in the specific add-ons) are in the subscription, just not the service or anything that comes with Pro extra.

XPress will be something like $75-$90 per annual license, haven't perfectly hammered it down yet. But what I can do is anyone who has had a subscription for more than say 3 months (accumulative, wont need to be consecutive), Ill do a 50% coupon code for all of those people. Any subscription. I've made a note to do that.

It doesn't directly fall into a XenForo-only product, so we'll be changing verbiage on our subscription plans to exclude both UI.X Pro (which comes with a service) and XPress which comes with a WordPress plugin and theme. To be clear, the parts that make up UI.X Pro (as in the specific add-ons) are in the subscription, just not the service or anything that comes with Pro extra.

XPress will be something like $75-$90 per annual license, haven't perfectly hammered it down yet. But what I can do is anyone who has had a subscription for more than say 3 months (accumulative, wont need to be consecutive), Ill do a 50% coupon code for all of those people. Any subscription. I've made a note to do that.

I've made a note of your note lol. Very kind and thanks.

Got an update here with respect to themes working with the product. Any theme at all should work, the default or a third-party theme. Third-party of course may have some minor issues depending on methods they use, but all in all should be smooth.

Third party add-ons will work as well under the same limitation, how well would be the question, but indeed working with all the top add-ons.

Got an update here with respect to themes working with the product. Any theme at all should work, the default or a third-party theme. Third-party of course may have some minor issues depending on methods they use, but all in all should be smooth.

Third party add-ons will work as well under the same limitation, how well would be the question, but indeed working with all the top add-ons.

This is looking good @Mike Creuzer, the release coming soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom