- Go to the UDM (User Dropdown Menu),
- Click on Your Newsfeed,
- Open up a few of the news items inside new browser tabs,
- After finishing reading them I go back to the main forum screen and...
- Click on 'Watched Threads' to see if something new/interesting has been posted in any of my watched threads,
- Obviously before doing all this, the obvious in-your-face red alert-indicators are starring you in the eye, so first you click on that to get the dropdown overview of your alerts...
- And for every single one of them I open new browser tabs to view them and get involved in discussion if necessary...
- And so on, and so on... life on XenForo is good! : - )
A Personalized Entrance Page
The moment you logon to the site you will get an immediate overview consisting of blocks of mini-overviews concerning anything that would be of interest to you. The software already knows (through your settings/preferences) what you are interested in, so why not let the software serve that info to you (instead of the enduser having to get/looking for it themselves) in 1 comprehensive and clear automatically generated overview? Like:
- A mini overview of your New Alerts,
- A mini overview of your News Feed,
- A mini overview of your New Watched Threads,
- A mini overview of your New Conversations,
- A mini overview of Birthdays of Today and in the coming days,
- A mini overview of new Media posted (if XF ever get's User Albums) by the people you follow or any people (can be controlled by options ofcourse),
- A mini overview of updates on threads in which you liked the first posting,
- A mini overview of Events you are attending and also the Events your friends/people you follow are signed up for,
- ... and the list goes on and on and on.
[new] I added some afterthoughts here.
Thoughts and -if I may be so bold- support please!
(Originally proposed for vBulletin (to good reception), but -not surprisingly- nothing (apart from planning apparently) was done with it. Even if it was one of my most famous suggestions! ;-) So I would love to see this now in XenForo)
Reminder: If you think this should be default functionality in XenForo, the please [like] this first posting! Thank you.