A nulled XF sitemaster reposted my addons without my permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't talk about past piracy or like that, I talked about your literally kinda stupid decision by mentioning your future home address there , , by doing so you just again welcomed them to gram your items from there as well (from which acts you were willing to escape from) . . .

What they can grab are inviting tickets.
After using them, they may want to use my further paid advanced mods which will only be available in this official community.
In that case, they have to purchase XenForo.

Please point me anything wrong.

P.S.: I didn't watch this movie but I am a big fan of Brian Tyler. That malibu point made me feel that this movie soundtrack may be made by Brian Tyler.

Isn't it more accurate to say that she was a pirate at one time, but no longer is? I give her credit for the change and the strength to admit it. That's what this world is for, I believe.

At my age, and w the virus threats we now live amongst, I sometimes look back and shake my head at some of the things I did in my younger days. People need the space in which to make changes for the better. I commend her for doing so for herself and giving others space as well. However, association can be a grey place in which to live (edited).

Last edited:
A pirate must pirate other people's work. I only contribute what I made
Earlier you said you used nulled vBulletin. That's why you're being referred to as a pirate. You now claim to be a reformed pirate, but once a pirate always a pirate.

I am happy if you reformed and went legal. But truly you aren't doing yourself or any other legit dev any help if you are posting your work on warez sites. You're not going to "convert" anyone, you're actually encouraging them and more like them.

No, once a pirate always a pirate is too strong a statement. I believe that to be wrong in this case.

No, once a pirate always a pirate is too strong a statement. I believe that to be wrong in this case.
We have the claim by the OP of going legit after being a pirate for many years. The two aren't mutually exclusive - pirates often make the appearance of going legit even buying an xF license, in order to gain access to the addons posted here. For further piracy. Was the same at vB. It's not a new thing.

Once a pirate always a pirate is quite apropos.
I believe she
The gender is assumed how? By an avatar? I have seen nothing convincing me this is either a he or a she. Objectivity.

Isn't it more accurate to say that she was a pirate at one time, but no longer is? I give her credit for the change and the strength to admit it. That's what this world is for, I believe.

At my age, and w the virus threats we now live amongst, I sometimes look back and shake my head at some of the things I did in my younger days. People need the space in which to make changes for the better. I commend her for doing so.

(I am male, though I prefer to be a female in my next reincarnation.)

I admit that my wrong reaction to my mods (pirated by others) made me into a status of "a accomplice of their community" for a short while. Ozzy and Brogan's statements made me sick because they enjoy thinking that "we are watching this guy to do piracy", unless they treat null users are pirates.

(In these years I always thought that null distro makers are pirates.)

---------------

Regarding my GitHub repos hosting my free XF mods, there won't be English-written supports there. English supports are only available to XF purchased members in this official community, and must be made by public threads posted in correct subforum or addon pages. Supports of other languages are privately offered to those who can only read Mandarin and Japanese.

I believe she is in the process of correcting some of that right now.

Not my take. Seems the OP is fine with sites sharing addons and official software, because someone might actually buy it. Or it’s okay if you have a language barrier.

How far she goes is up to her.
We have the claim by the OP of going legit after being a pirate for many years. The two aren't mutually exclusive - pirates often make the appearance of going legit even buying an xF license, in order to gain access to the addons posted here. For further piracy. Was the same at vB. It's not a new thing.

Once a pirate always a pirate is quite apropos.
The gender is assumed how? By an avatar? I have seen nothing convincing me this is either a he or a she. Objectivity.
Could be.

Not my take. Seems the OP is fine with sites sharing addons and official software, because someone might actually buy it. Or it’s okay if you have a language barrier.

Not fine for all null sites.
That language barrier is something unavoidable to those people who cannot learn English well.

Thinking that forcing you people to learn Japanese to a native level without relying on katakana-spelt words loaned from English?
Too hard, right?
Vice-versa for people in Mainland China and Japan (I know nothing about Korea, hence ceasing my comment to Korea).

I admit that my wrong reaction to my mods (pirated by others)
By the way I do completely understand and can empathize with your "if you can't beat them join them" approach, in having it be YOU who posts your own work on warez sites. Also, I realize that it's your work and you are free to post it wherever you want. That said, you must come to realize that by doing so you are feeding piracy 99 percent of the time, with maybe, possibly that little one percent will think "My god, I need to honor the creation and talent by going legit!"

They simply don't think that way. There won't be any converts with your method. I respect your efforts though.

So it’s okay for me to go to the XF Turkish site, steal all their addons, post them on my site for sale because I don’t understand Turkish and it’s hard to learn?
Not okay at all, but you cannot stop that from happening.
At least, "for sale" or any VIP paywall shall be forbidden. Too shameless.

By the way I do completely understand and can empathize with your "if you can't beat them join them" approach, in having it be YOU who posts your own work on warez sites. Also, I realize that it's your work and you are free to post it wherever you want. That said, you must come to realize that by doing so you are feeding piracy 99 percent of the time, with maybe, possibly that little one percent will think "My god, I need to honor the creation and talent by going legit!"

They simply don't think that way. There won't be any converts with your method. I respect your efforts though.
Thanks for your teaching, comrade. A good lesson.

This made me more confident in quitting from their communities.

Thanks for your teaching, comrade. A good lesson.

This made me more confident in quitting from their communities.
I don't hold your admitted history against you. Perhaps you will steer your passion against pirates and thieves into a better channel, direct your efforts against them in the future.

Shiki, the problem is like double agents in spy scenarios. Can they ever be trusted by either side? I think they can but it takes a 100% commitment and complete change over and association from the old to the new. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom