A nulled XF sitemaster reposted my addons without my permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't hold your admitted history against you. Perhaps you will steer your passion against pirates and thieves into a better channel, direct your efforts against them in the future.
I don't make new enemies, but I will stop (using my mods to) feeding piracies.
Plus, I still encourage any null XF user I meet to become a genuine XF user, just like what I was doing before.

Last edited:
Think of it like a musician.

People pirate music all the time "bah who cares it isn't hurting them", and in reality normally it wouldn't hurt them as much (but its one factor why concert tickets are expensive these days). But take into consideration that now most countries are in lockdown, and many musicians are getting $0 incoming and having to revert to other revenue streams.

Yet if people always bought their music, they'd still be getting small amonuts of money in even at the moment as long as people are buying/streaming their music.

Nulled sites not only deprive good, honest, hard working programmers of money, but they also put you AND your users at risk of backends.

If you then feed and support that pipeline by trying to be nice and letting them use your intellectual property, it only hurts you.

Another thing (and this is a personal one), but lets say you started selling PAID addons, and I found you were either currently (or previously) shared your addons with nulled sites, I'd have a hard time trusting your addons or code.

In short by participating on nulled sites, you are ruining your own reputation as well.

Just for a FYI, just one of my paid addons that is listed there has been downloaded 55 times, taking $2700 out of my pocket. They is just one of 15 of my paid addons.
Don't DMCA takedowns work even on claimed DMCA ignored hosts? You can actually pay like $200 USD a year and they'll offer a full takedown service for you.

I despise theft in all facets.

Think of it like a musician.

People pirate music all the time "bah who cares it isn't hurting them", and in reality normally it wouldn't hurt them as much (but its one factor why concert tickets are expensive these days). But take into consideration that now most countries are in lockdown, and many musicians are getting $0 incoming and having to revert to other revenue streams.

Yet if people always bought their music, they'd still be getting small amonuts of money in even at the moment as long as people are buying/streaming their music.

Nulled sites not only deprive good, honest, hard working programmers of money, but they also put you AND your users at risk of backends.

If you then feed and support that pipeline by trying to be nice and letting them use your intellectual property, it only hurts you.

Another thing (and this is a personal one), but lets say you started selling PAID addons, and I found you were either currently (or previously) shared your addons with nulled sites, I'd have a hard time trusting your addons or code.

In short by participating on nulled sites, you are ruining your own reputation as well.

Don't DMCA takedowns work even on claimed DMCA ignored hosts? You can actually pay like $200 USD a year and they'll offer a full takedown service for you.

I despise theft in all facets.

Not only replies given to the current thread here, there are also other reasons made me start despising Nullsite runners. Till now, my contributed template mods require only less than 3 hours (probably 1hr is enough) of self-studying HTML structure, CSS structure, and LESS structure to understand. Only 3 hours. These runners don't even want to cost that time to self-study, but still prefer to do copy-paste robots.

This is not only a piracy problem, but also something I really despise: too lazy to learn fundamental skills. Such lazy people are not primate enough to use XenForo, whether they are paid XenForo users, because their primate level determined their eternal inability to utilize most XenForo-specific advantages.

I am a serious ADHD patient and my math is totally terrible. I often forgot things happened just several seconds ago. Still, I make things on my own.

P.S.: your comments made me touched somehow, 'cause my major is film music and your suggested thinking is related to our industry.

Just for a FYI, just one of my paid addons that is listed there has been downloaded 55 times, taking $2700 out of my pocket. They is just one of 15 of my paid addons.
You may want to read my comments right-above. Now I completely regard nullsite runners and their life-time humble leeches as non-primates.
Do you want primate customers or non-primate customers?

Not only replies given to the current thread here, there are also other reasons made me start despising Nullsite runners. Till now, my contributed template mods require only less than 3 hours (probably 1hr is enough) of self-studying HTML structure, CSS structure, and LESS structure to understand. Only 3 hours. These runners don't even want to cost that time to self-study, but still prefer to do copy-paste robots.

This is not only a piracy problem, but also something I really despise: too lazy to learn fundamental skills. Such lazy people are not primate enough to use XenForo, whether they are paid XenForo users, because their primate level determined their eternal inability to utilize most XenForo-specific advantages.

I am a serious ADHD patient and my math is totally terrible. I often forgot things happened just several seconds ago. Still, I make things on my own.

P.S.: your comments made me touched somehow, 'cause my major is film music and your suggested thinking is related to our industry.
I'll admit I've seen a few of your contributions, and even though they don't technically apply to my situation, they as well written and well thought through.

Time is money and from what I can tell @ozzy47 was just trying you make you realise that your hard earned time and effort, gets cheapened by those who pirate and republish your intellectual property. Even moreso as demonstrated by ozzy47.

I'll give you an example: Xon and AndyB both make lots of good addons for here. Popular ones too. Imagine how heartbreaking it is for them to see so much work and development go into something that someone else rips off and offers for free.

Sadly there will always be piracy, but with Xenforo stuff think of it this way. You worked hard to earn the money you used to pay for a valid Xenforo license and addons (to give you an idea, this forum I'm working on will set me back $5000 AUD in the first year to get off the round - $3500 in hosting, and $1500 in Xenforo, Xenforo addons, and a Wordpress frontend with a custom theme and 1 paid plugin).. and yet people out there have sites and get this sort of stuff for free!

hey, you know the history of 123mvies? then I think even the law doesn't apply on the web... not just forums are hit .. you will find every codecayon and theme forest products there ...

the worst thing is buying your own data on darknet ... so just give up and concentrate more on positivity.

one good thing about these pirate scripts ... come with malware or back doors ...

I think you want to be a viral guy in xenforo community to post with this kind of thread. You can't stop it, because your addons are part of design such as CSS/JS, any premium member can publish anywhere and you will nothing to do because your addons are not copyright.

You build 5-10$ product and expect it will not be published in nulled site but xenforo and other developers build thousand $ but they never react for this case.

Protection is possible only if your addon based on PHP.

Note: As I can see you are overacting here as childish, please don't waste people's time, its a common and regular FAQ. I would request to xenforo to close this topic.

XF: No1

Am ı idiot? I gave addonflare $ 35.

$ 35 for xentr.net theme. I gave $ 55 for the Pregnancy calendar.

I gave $ 25 on snogssite.

Labor is also the holiest thing in the world.

I switched to xenforo. I have never used a null plugin ever since. Xenforo is a secure system, but the null plugin definitely gives rise to open doors.

why did i buy xenforo? I lost 6 sites due to systems that previously had open doors. I set up the baby forum with mybb. After a while, I bought XenForo. because I don't want to lose a baby forum. Why should I install null plugin and give it an open door?

why did i buy xenforo? I lost 6 sites due to systems that previously had open doors. I set up the baby forum with mybb. After a while, I bought XenForo. because I don't want to lose a baby forum. Why should I install null plugin and give it an open door?
Any stupid recommend here to install nulled? or you are acting to be stupid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom