A nulled XF sitemaster reposted my addons without my permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it was a bad idea. You are basically condoning them by supporting them.

Just for a FYI, just one of my paid addons that is listed there has been downloaded 55 times, taking $2700 out of my pocket. They is just one of 15 of my paid addons.

This is a matter regarding paid products.
If I were you, I go to there asking them to pull it off. If they still don't listen, then I find DMCA procedures.
Protect your commercial products actively.

So you accept 1000’s of people stealing?

No.

They can not do anything about that site. It is hosted offshore.

You really should remove you addons from pirate sites and not post them there and support them stealing money from people’s pockets.

Here's my new decision.

From now on, I will post my freebies on GitHub instead of those communities. This at least pulls paywall of accessing my free mods.
Time to end my activities there.

You just don’t get it. You are sleeping with thieves, you are just as bad as them. They nor their hosts care about a DMCA takedown request.
First time to hear DMCA can be ineffective.
Anyway, from now on I won't post my works there. Thanks for your teaching.

You just don’t get it. You are sleeping with thieves, you are just as bad as them. They nor their hosts care about a DMCA takedown request.
Please excuse me that I found no way to remove my resources from there.
But I can clear their contents and redirect them to my GitHub repo later.

P.S.: See my profile post in this community.

Why ever redirect them to your github? Just have them remove the addons and be done with them. Seems you still want to play nice and give them your within name and direct them there. I

Many of the users that would be getting your addons are pirating XF software to start with.

This is a matter regarding paid products.

No, it's an issue for free addons as well. The only reason that someone would need to download a free addon from a pirate site is because they can not download it from here. Which means they are running a nulled XF community.

Why ever redirect them to your github? Just have them remove the addons and be done with them. Seems you still want to play nice and give them your within name and direct them there. I

Many of the users that would be getting your addons are pirating XF software to start with.
All my contents (posted on my behalf) from that null community has been cleaned.

No, it's an issue for free addons as well. The only reason that someone would need to download a free addon from a pirate site is because they can not download it from here. Which means they are running a nulled XF community.

(One exception is the language barrier, but it is off-topic now.)

I hate myself from being hijacked among multiple communities for my free mods.

I want to do some efforts to convert at least some null users to new purchased XF users. Any guilt with this?

All my contents (posted on my behalf) from that null community has been cleaned.
But you are sending them to your github page, so in a sense you are still supporting that community.

(One exception is the language barrier,
No exceptions!

I want to do some efforts to convert at least some null users to new purchased XF users. Any guilt with this?
Nice try, but no, it is a bad idea and poorly executed.

But you are sending them to your github page, so in a sense you are still supporting that community.

You are in deep anger seeing your addons get pirated in a community I (previously) participated in.
This anger may hinder you from thinking precisely. (I admit that my mind is worse than yours.)

I send them to my github repo, hence reduced website visit stream to null communities (using advertisement services for income).
However, I will post paid "more advanced" mods in this official community only.
In such case, my free mods are tickets inviting them to our genuine product user community.

I’m at a loss for words.

97FC4B17-E386-43CE-A18E-A69D49E90008.jpeg

I’m at a loss for words.
Sometimes you have to show your future customers how good your product is.
they may be pissed of by competitive products, but they have less awareness that how good your product is.

Not bad to make oneself more and more familiar with multiple possible future markets out of one's current scope of sight.

So I should go out and steal a car and drive it for as long as I want, just in case I ever decide to purchase it?

So I should go out and steal a car and drive it for as long as I want, just in case I ever decide to purchase it?
No.

However, forcefully putting our values to their heads may lose our chances of turning (at least some of) their heads back.
That's why our society needs correction centers.

Everyone has or will have something he doesn't / won't feel proud of but unavoidable.

I don't feel proud of using nulled vBulletin distros 10 years ago (2007-2010). It is still a history that I knew XenForo from nulled vBulletin communities, and that gave me a chance to fully know that XenForo can be customized as what I want (which XF official demos cannot let me know enough). This made me know how good XF is, giving me motivation to buy it.

Last edited:
So you have been involved in piracy for 10 years, but get bent out of shape when it happens to you. You are condoning piracy and theft. Have fun hanging out with thieves, I have nothing else to say to you.

So you have been involved in piracy for 10 years, but get bent out of shape when it happens to you.
Stop talking bulls. I was doing something completely different since 2010 till Dec 2019.
Your false accusation of my activities in recent 10 years is insane.

You are condoning piracy and theft. Have fun hanging out with thieves, I have nothing else to say to you.
Your logical failure wasted me a hell lot of time. I may have to cease my future comments to avoid toxicity.

Stop talking bulls. I was doing something completely different since 2010 till Dec 2019.
Your false accusation of my activities in recent 10 years is insane.

Your logical failure wasted me a hell lot of time. I may have to cease my future comments in case of avoiding toxicity.

Please don't get me wrong, by reading some comments all I understood "you tried to escape from a nulled community by thinking to remove your add-ons there , but also by mentioning them your current as well as future links of new home so that they can also leech from those places whenever they want as even if you complaint (DMCA or whatever) you can't do anything to them" ??

Please don't get me wrong, by reading some comments all I understood "you tried to escape from a nulled community by thinking to remove your add-ons there , but also by mentioning them your current as well as future links of new home so that they can also leech from those places whenever they want as even if you complaint (DMCA or whatever) you can't do anything to them" ??

My contributions to vBulletin and XenForo are styles & template mods I made, period. No piracies.
(I made some vBulletin 3.x styles during 2007-2010. For XenForo, you can check my resources posted in this official community.)
It is me who didn't realize that my existence in those forums are also harmful.

Forcing all XF users in this official forum won't let XF having more purchased customers. I prefer invitations in lieu of using forces.

My contributions to vBulletin and XenForo are styles & template mods I made, period. No piracies.
(I made some vBulletin 3.x styles during 2007-2010. For XenForo, you can check my resources posted in this official community.)
It is me who didn't realize that my existence in those forums are also harmful.

Forcing all XF users in this official forum won't let XF having more purchased customers. I prefer invitations in lieu of using forces.

I didn't talk about past piracy or like that, I talked about your literally kinda stupid decision by mentioning your future home address there , , by doing so you just again welcomed them to gram your items from there as well (from which acts you were willing to escape from) . . .

In very short, you literally did this ((well I had to start the movie to edit this screenshot part to make you realize your fault :rolleyes::censored::sneaky:))
StarkasXF.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom