1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A forum full of prefixes...

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Carlos, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

2. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I like them, alot. I feel they lack a border though. To define them a little better. I'd personally also lower the border-radius: to 3px rather than 5px. Otherwise look sweet.

Alien, CyberAP, Trombones13 and 5 others like this.
  3. Shelley

By anychance for the test area could we get a poll prefix created? If that is at all possible, thankyou.

Probably be a good idea adding it into the chit chat (off-topic) forum also.
    bambua and Brandon Sheley like this.
  4. Garamond

Garamond Well-Known Member

I could have had use for an option to make all the prefixes within one subforum fixed-width - to make all the thread titles start directly under each other. This to make it more tidy and possibly more easy to read the titles downwards :)
    Brandon Sheley likes this.
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can update the .prefix class to globally fix the width.

That will apply to all forums though.
    erich37 and GeeksChat like this.
  6. Shelley

I think I would use text-align in those situations.
  7. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

I like the idea, but internationalization makes this a royal pain in the... forum.
  8. Garamond

Garamond Well-Known Member

I see... didn't think about that. Guess Brogan's suggestion will be the way to go.
  9. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

A Prefix on poll threads would be nice.
    erich37 likes this.
  10. Ranger375

Ranger375 Well-Known Member

An auto prefix at that :D
  11. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

pretty *starry eyed*

Looking forward to this one! :D I am with Shelley on the lack-O-borders though, and I would personally have to have "not a bug" and "fixed" be different to each other :p
    Shelley likes this.
  12. Trekkan

Trekkan Well-Known Member

Looks good, but I agree with those that have mentioned it'd look much better and cleaner if the thread titles lined up.
  13. Floris

Floris Guest

a legacy reborn likes this.
  14. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

not sure if this is needed or clashes with the current Prefix....?

Poll-specific Prefixes:
    Admin to be able to create certain "Prefixes" for polls.

would be cool to have a prefix for "Polls" , so when a user creates a "poll" then he is able to select specific "Prefixes" which are set for polls.
    So literally having a "Prefix Drop-Down field" in the area named "Post a Poll".
  15. Floris

Floris Guest

I disagree, it's a "type" of thread. Like a redirected, deleted, moved, poll, etc type of thread.
    Optional 'poll' prefixes result in threads without the prefix. Should be a system auto-setting, not a user-optional-setting.
  16. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't like that - too much whitespace. I was going to respond to those who suggested it, but this picture is the reason why I wouldn't want centered [erm...fixed] prefixes.
  17. Brett Peters

Brett Peters Well-Known Member

When adding a prefix to a thread as a moderator/admin are you able to set a default forum per prefix so the thread is moved automatically, or will this be a two step process ?
  18. Brett Peters

Opps forgot to say I like the new look :D
  19. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Nothing is moved automatically, but it can be done in the same step using the Move Thread option in Thread Tools, as demonstrated on the video and in the image below.

Brett Peters likes this.
  20. Brett Peters

That is perfect, I did watch the vid but with my memory I probably should have watched it again :oops: