I've been researching the matter for months, from BB2Nuke to vBulletin 4.2.x (vBulletin 5 is still in beta, so I don't want it on a live website). However, after playing around with the xenForo demo for quite some time, I believe xenForo would be a remarkable move for my community, although I do have some problems.
- I am constantly hearing of a "Law Suit" which restricts xF from doing lots of things. I've heard although the xenForo team won't give in, there is a chance they might fight themselves bankrupt, in reality, is this a liable?
- How customization is xenForo? I know plugins are around, but are they able to be fully customized? With vbulletin a plugin can do basically anything, if you have the brains to pull it off. Does xenForo restrict plugin use?
- What does xenForo have that vBulletin doesn't? As per the usual shopper, I would instantly look at vBulletin and Invasion Power Boards and see they are more expensive. That should mean they're a lot more jam packed, but I'm more than prone to surprises
- How long has xenForo been in development? Wikipedia tells me since March 2011, but I never believe Wiki's.
- What version of the Zend Framework is XenForo working from?
- How does the xenForo community compare to that of vBulletin? vBulletin has 489,359 members at the time of writing, whilst xenForo has 19,892