A couple errors logged after upgrading

hpidriver

Got a couple errors logged after upgrading from Xen Media Gallery to the new Xenforo Media Gallery 1.0
Should I be worried about any of these? I'm guessing the second one is only related to another add-on I have installed. Thank you

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: syntax error, unexpected end of file, expecting '(' - library/XenGallery/Listener.php:367
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 11:35 AM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(51) "http://www.mysite.com/forums/forums/-/index.rss"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: syntax error, unexpected ''XenGaller' (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE) - library/XenGallery/Listener.php:260
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 11:35 AM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(53) "https://www.mysite.com/forums/taigachat/list.json"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(8) {
["sidebar"] => string(1) "1"
["lastrefresh"] => string(3) "698"
["fake"] => string(1) "0"
["room"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(8) "/forums/"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

Indeed, these are either errors that happened from a bad upload or they happened from code being run while you were uploading the files (as FTP is not atomic). If they're not happening now, you can likely disregard them.

This may or may not be a related issue. Overnight my server has logged several "Please enter a valid message" / "Please enter a valid media title" errors. This is how it appears to the forum user when they forget to add a title. File check tool shows all files present and correct. Please advise, thank you.

title_error.webp

Code:
Error Info
XenForo_Exception: Please enter a valid message. - library/XenForo/DataWriter.php:1345
Generated By: xxxxx, Today at 5:32 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/mysite/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1387): XenForo_DataWriter->_haveErrorsPreventSave()
#1 /home/mysite/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php(625): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#2 /home/mysite/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionInsert()
#3 /home/mysite/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/mysite/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(54) "https://www.mysite.com/forums/conversations/insert"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(9) {
["recipients"] => string(15) "edwincollection"
["title"] => string(0) ""
["message_html"] => string(11) "<p><br></p>"
["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(51) "https://www.mysite.com/forums/conversations/add"
["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "71a8eba93d643abd2102dae50955c98f"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(25) "/forums/conversations/add"
}
}

Code:
Error Info
XenForo_Exception: Please enter a valid media title - library/XenForo/DataWriter.php:1345
Generated By: xxxxx, Yesterday at 7:49 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/mysite/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1387): XenForo_DataWriter->_haveErrorsPreventSave()
#1 /home/mysite/public_html/forums/library/XenGallery/Model/Media.php(2713): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#2 /home/mysite/public_html/forums/library/XenGallery/ControllerPublic/Media.php(2778): XenGallery_Model_Media->associateAttachmentsAndMedia(Array, Array, Array, 'album')
#3 /home/mysite/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenGallery_ControllerPublic_Media->actionSaveMedia()
#4 /home/mysite/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /home/mysite/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(50) "https://www.mysite.com/forums/media/save-media"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(20) {
["type"] => string(5) "album"
["album_id"] => string(25) "1766.Hitman Double Barrel"
["image_url"] => string(0) ""
["media_title_all"] => string(0) ""
["media_description_all"] => string(0) ""
["media_title"] => array(1) {
["image_upload"] => array(5) {
[103996] => string(0) ""
[103995] => string(0) ""
[103994] => string(0) ""
[103993] => string(0) ""
[103992] => string(0) ""
}
}
["media_description"] => array(1) {
[103996] => string(0) ""
[103995] => string(0) ""
[103994] => string(0) ""
[103993] => string(0) ""
[103992] => string(0) ""
}
}
["media_tag"] => array(1) {
[0] => string(0) ""
[1] => string(0) ""
[2] => string(0) ""
[3] => string(0) ""
[4] => string(0) ""
}
}
["media_embed_url_original"] => array(1) {
[0] => string(0) ""
[1] => string(0) ""
[2] => string(0) ""
[3] => string(0) ""
[4] => string(0) ""
}
}
["media_embed_url"] => array(1) {
[0] => string(0) ""
[1] => string(0) ""
[2] => string(0) ""
[3] => string(0) ""
[4] => string(0) ""
}
}
["media_image_upload"] => string(4) "true"
["image_upload_hash"] => string(32) "be797374b69c4ba276bea0398b3d21a5"
["embed_url"] => string(0) ""
["container_type"] => string(5) "album"
["container_id"] => string(4) "1766"
["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(31) "/forums/media/add?album_id=1766"
}
}

Oh, I see, that error is related to a conversation.

Do you have any add-ons installed?
I would disable those first and test again.

If it still occurs you may need to upload the XenForo files again as something isn't quite right.

There are two different errors there.

The first one:
Code:
XenForo_Exception: Please enter a valid message. - library/XenForo/DataWriter.php:1345

That's nothing at all to do with XenForo Media Gallery. No XFMG code runs there, at all.

The second, is, but it's not immediately clear to me what the cause is nor why it should be happening. It would be happening when new media is added and it is saved. Does it happen all the time or has it only happened once?

I suggest both cases are related to incompatibilities from specific opcode caches and/or PHP debug extensions (combined with the PHP version you're using). If these just started, you may want to look into what changed on the server.

Upload the XenForo and Media Gallery files, then rebuild the master data, to rule out any issues.
I will try this.
The second, is, but it's not immediately clear to me what the cause is nor why it should be happening. It would be happening when new media is added and it is saved. Does it happen all the time or has it only happened once?
I'll add new media and see what the result is.

I suggest both cases are related to incompatibilities from specific opcode caches and/or PHP debug extensions (combined with the PHP version you're using). If these just started, you may want to look into what changed on the server.
Yes, these started after Apache/php was rebuilt, if you don't mind taking a look at my php settings I will send you admin credentials for my forum via conversation.

@Brogan I apologize for not mentioning that initially. I didn't think of it at first because the errors didn't happen immediately after rebuilding Apache, the errors started happening after upgrading the Gallery.

Mike's suggestion still stands. That certainly shouldn't be happening and doesn't in my testing, so this does lead me to also believe the issue relates to things that have changed on your server.

We are somewhat limited in the support we can provide with server configurations. I would start by looking at that first.

Looking at the PHP info you sent me, I see you're running PHP 5.4 but with eAccelerator. We have seen issues with PHP 5.4 and both APC and eAccelerator. Both projects seem to be mostly unmaintained now.

You may need to undo whatever changes you did, change to a different opcode cache, or upgrade to PHP 5.5 (which has a built-in and thus maintained opcode cache).

Top Bottom