A $1000 prize contest - discussion

• Thread starter Thread starter Floris
  • Start date Start date
F

Floris

While building up a community on XenForo I've been given a budget of around a $1000 to use for first, second and third place prizes.

While working on some possibilities like an iPad 2nd gen (it's not until March 2011) or some gift certificates from some stores. It's all fun and games, but .. besides the obvious possibilities, what do you think on a tech site might be good prizes?

Think outside the box please :)

I'm a fan of cash. What better than allow people to buy whatever it is they want? Might not be the most effective though, for some reason it's kind of boring.

I would say go with something like Slavik mentioned :). There is nothing better and memorable than travelling somewhere nice. These days tickets and hotels are much cheaper than before if you book way in advance.

2565_3079.jpeg

While building up a community on XenForo I've been given a budget of around a $1000 to use for first, second and third place prizes.

While working on some possibilities like an iPad 2nd gen (it's not until March 2011) or some gift certificates from some stores. It's all fun and games, but .. besides the obvious possibilities, what do you think on a tech site might be good prizes?

Think outside the box please :)

We bought 100 T-shirts from crazychicken (for about $5.00 each-various sizes) with our site logo and gave them out as prizes. They lasted a LOOOOOONG time. Also a great way to promote the site.

Perhaps seed money for someone to use to start their own site or funding for someone to use somewhere at like GetACoder.com ?

XenForo licenses would be the first logical thing that comes in mind. Other ideas would to be check with XenForo style designers to give away possible custom designs or maybe a gift card type offer.

You could also have items like USB flash drives, lanyards, mouse pads, etc with the sites name and or logo printed on them. These types of items make perfect items to either give away or sell to all members not just 1st, 2nd, 3rd prize winners.

Top Bottom