[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
After I editted utf8.php I have this error message. I restored the orijinal utf8.php but error is still continiue. Thanks

porta.webp

After installing, the Home tab is in the wrong position, I have:

Forum | Events | Members | Home

How can I resolve this issue please.

This might sound silly, but is what are the implications of setting the RecentNews block to a forum or forums with several hundred thousand threads?

The reason I'm asking was because I did just that and it made my SQL server very unhappy, and nothing would load at all.

Do I need to give it some time to cache the threads? Is there a way of limiting "depth"?

What version is This working with? I have xenforo 1.2.5 installed and for some reason there is no Option to promote threads to the 'recent news' block.
If someone could help me with this or point me towards a working version, please do.

What version is This working with? I have xenforo 1.2.5 installed and for some reason there is no Option to promote threads to the 'recent news' block.
If someone could help me with this or point me towards a working version, please do.

I was just reading the wiki and I'm the same boat as you I can't see the promote button.

Is this addon supported anymore I don't see the dev answering?

Ok, I feel stupid.
I needed to add the permissions to my admin account to promote threads.
This fixed the issues. xD

I've checked that,but I have got all the permissions added.
So you can see a button to promote now, this is so annoying - I can't work it out.

Do you have set a specific layout for it?

I've just installed this (and I'm a week old w/XenForo)

Can someone help me with this step in the installation instructions?

set options for the portal in administration control panel

Can't find it. :(:confused:

EDIT: Got it! The xml was buried in a file/folder. Usually these things are outside of the upload folder

Last edited:
I've spent a very long time setting up various portals and trying to get a new layout to load at /portal/whatever/index or /portal/whatever/ as per the guides

All I want is a second portal landing, and every time I visit the URLs as described in the various comments here and the tutorial thread, it sends me to the main portal

Is anyone here absolutely sure that 1.6.0 works with Xen 1.3, and you can have more than one portal page?

I noticed a few comments before mine saying basically the same thing...

Last edited:
I understand this (bolded)

8 pre-installed module blocks,

How do I accomplish this:

with dozens of additional blocks available to install from the package.

Also, where do I acquire additional blocks for XenPorta, slider, etc....

Thank you.

I've done these steps below so far and it's not pointing to the right places.

You just have to go to the " your_site/admin.php?options/list/basicBoard ". When you are in this page, just change the following things : (these one are my own presets and I don't have any problem with them)
Board URL : your site without forum at the end. ( http://www.your_site.com )
Index Page Route : portal/
Home Page URL : nothing

Once it's over, just walk to the Xenporta options and change the following options :
( Show Navigation Tab : it's useful if you want a home button into the navigation. You can check or uncheck, as you like.
Break Out of Content Container : design stuff
)

My home page is www.mysite.com/forums/index.php
I want www.mysite.com

My forums is www.mysite.com/forums/index.php?forums
I want www.mysite.com/forums

Last edited:
Top Bottom