[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
With this you can set the index to "portal", i don't want to have the "portal" in the url, just the plain homepage (like the 8wayrun example).

I have a problem with youtube videos breaking out of the frame whilst viewing the homepage on a mobile

Can anyone offer a solution for stopping this please, I've searched the CP but can't seem to find a fix

Many thanks
img_20140607_212019-png.75361

I'm new to Xenforo, and just saw that I can't move blocks, so they're all deactivated and therefore don't show up. What's the matter, is it a known bug?
I'm running Xenforo 1.3.2. and XenPorta 1.6.

That's disappointing.

How can you just add just individual threads/posts to the front page rather than all the latest posts in the selected node.

Sadly I don't think you can, but hopefully that will change with Xenporta V2

which the community currently are heads over heels over we pledged 5000 Dollars collectively and there should have been a beta out 2 months ago. But we will see what happens.

Where can I get blocks for XENPORTA?

I want one to simply play a video from youtube and put it on the front page of my portal

Where can I get blocks for XENPORTA?

I want one to simply play a video from youtube and put it on the front page of my portal

there is a couple of default blocks in the Installer one of them is a simple HTML block.
which allows you to put in code and upload it as a block :)

Hello!
I really cannot find how to do it..
I can't display attachments at the end of articles (with article view enabled)

How can I do it?
Thanks a lot

You just have to go to the " your_site/admin.php?options/list/basicBoard ". When you are in this page, just change the following things : (these one are my own presets and I don't have any problem with them)

Board URL : your site without forum at the end. ( http://www.your_site.com )
Index Page Route : portal/
Home Page URL : nothing

Once it's over, just walk to the Xenporta options and change the following options :
( Show Navigation Tab : it's useful if you want a home button into the navigation. You can check or uncheck, as you like.
Break Out of Content Container : design stuff )

To customize the forum_list page you will have to check " Index (index > portal) "
To put blocks into the forum list page, you will need to create (or modify) the layout named index.

" Article (article-# > article > portal)
Categories (articles-#slug > articles > portal)
" will be for article (when you select a forum into RecentNews block). You will need to create an other layout article if you want blocks to appear in the sidebar.

You can also create a layout for articles named articles (olol) if you want to put blocks into a custom portal page (when you create a category).

For articles (category pages) you can change the blocks that will appear just with adding the id of the category at the end of the layout :
e9b5d25901.png

You can also add the id of a thread, a forum etc...

" Forum (forum-# > forum) " will be to customize forums (not the index forum)
" Thread (thread-# > thread-forum-# > thread) " will be for threads only.

Don't forget to add the two hooks @Jaxel gave if you want to customize the last two options.

I hope it will help you :)

Thank you! Very helpful.

Other question: how i can remove the board title from the site? I have removed this on the forum, but is still visible on Xenporta.

Just add this thing into Extra.CSS : #content.EWRporta_Portal .titleBar {display:none;}

I'm trying to clean my post because I think it's not clear enough ;)

It works. The unique problem is that now i see the Taigachat in the portal and on the forum all widgets (of WF) disapperead...

Just add this thing into Extra.CSS : #content.EWRporta_Portal .titleBar {display:none;}

There are a way to remove the title instead to hide it?

If by portal you mean the homepage, just remove the taigachat block from the portal layout.
Also, if WF means Widget Framework, you just have to check this thread. It swill help you a lot : http://xenforo.com/community/resources/trash-xenporta-sidebar.2430/ To be honest with you I don't use Widget Framework so I won't be able to help here ;)

If you want to remove the titleBar and the breadcrumb, tick Break Out of Content Container in Xenporta options. It will hide these elements. I don't know how to remove them totally, unfortunatly

Hello!
I really cannot find how to do it..
I can't display attachments at the end of articles (with article view enabled)

How can I do it?
Thanks a lot

Any idea how to display attachments at the end of articles?
Thanks

If xenforo is installed in a /community/ subdirectory,ie the forum URL is domain.com/community - is it still possible to have the portal at the root, domain.com (to replace the static html page I currently have at the root?

Last edited:
Hello guys,
I'm having this glitch/bug where the XenPorta news block is on both, the Portal(Home) page and the Forums page. If anyone knows a fix for this, please tell me.
Thank you in advance!

Installed this, it worked for a bit but then after ticking Use Sticky Threads in Recent News Block I got this on the portal:

Code:
An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') OR EWRporta_promotes.promote_date < ? ) AND xf_thread.discussion_state = '' at line 11 in /home/caftest/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 71
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 586
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/caftest/public_html/index.php at line 13

Top Bottom