[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Issue

onVdbtE.png

There's no white background behind dates, anyone got a fix?

There's also a bug with permissions: if you set guests permission for View node to «Not set» they'll see them anyway in portal.

Please help, I looked thru FAQ but still did not manage to figure this out, sorry for my bad English. Basicaly I want my home page portal to look like this "http://www.spigotmc.org/" so the news feed is full mode on the middle, but when I go to layouts, I can only choose to put it on the left or right only, how do I do combined?

But it's only half of the page (besides sidebar), I want to combine left and right to be one big block/layout like on the page i provided as an example

Put what you want in the middle into "top right" and put nothing on the left.

That's exactly how ours is setup.

Does anyone have any quick and dirty way to get the slide.jpg image being specified as a meta og:image so that facebook pick these up? It stands to reason that most 'featured' or 'promoted' posts get re-posted on facebook so this is sorely needed. @Waindigo's thumbnails mod would handle this but it doesnt play nice with this mod.

Last edited:
At my forum the RecentSlider completley doesnt work :( It doesnt shows anything... I' ve done everything right: new thread in the recent news forum, then slide.jpg as an attachement.
Please help me! Thanks

Quick question, in my Recent News block I have a picture. However, on my portal my picture is very small and off to the right. How can I make it so my picture (on the portal page) is in the post and maybe just resized automatically to fit?

I would like to know how to make a pic in the news block original size as well. :P ANybody?

So I currently have two issues I need some help with, and rather than sift through 211 pages I figured it would be quicker to ask. I have already tried searching to no avail.

Now onto my issues, the first might be simple but I have no idea how to fix it so here goes:

1. I have the forums set to when you click the name of the category it takes you to a list of just the forums within it, so it takes you here for example "/forum/index.php?categories/administration.55/" I have the portal settings set for Portal and Forum views but they do not show when you click that link.
2. The portal view with it's blocks looks fine, however even though I have the Forum option checked the block that show on the portal do not show on the forum index, but when I click a forum to view threads it shows fine.

I am sure these are simple and I am just overlooking something lol, but this is my first time using this portal system which looks great I might add, any help on these would be greatly appreciated and thank you.

my issue on recent news if you click on the facebook like/recomend the text bubble to fill out of facebook dont quite pop out it hides in the bottom border of recent news is there a fix for this.

my issue on recent news if you click on the facebook like/recomend the text bubble to fill out of facebook dont quite pop out it hides in the bottom border of recent news is there a fix for this.
This should be fixed in XF 1.3.

What XF version are you using?

i am useing xenforo 1.3.1 and porta 1.6.0 and it still does that i tested it with every browswer same result twitter and g+ works fine its only the facebook on the recent news that hides in bottom border of recent news and im at at a loss how to resolve it.

I wish there was a way to specify what content appeared on the homepage, recent news block. If we could control the cut off, per post then it would give a lot more control :)

i checked a bunch of sites i see a lot of recent news facebook bug where it dont pop up it hides under the recent news block.

fb-no-popup1.webp

wish jaxel would comment on it.

This should be fixed in XF 1.3.

What XF version are you using?

i checked a bunch of sites i see a lot of recent news facebook bug where it dont pop up it hides under the recent news block.

View attachment 71679

wish jaxel would comment on it.

thanks to @Russ

add to extra css
Code:
.recentNews .sectionFooter
{
padding: 0px 10px;
overflow: visible;
}

hope it helps every1 out like it helped me.

thanks to @Russ

add to extra css
Code:
.recentNews .sectionFooter
{
padding: 0px 10px;
overflow: visible;
}

hope it helps every1 out like it helped me.

I should note the padding: 0px 10px isn't required for everything, it was style specific for Stacy, the overflow:visible is the key part.

Top Bottom